User Avatar Image

Wich Island?

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 683 users

Well this Island take place on Isla Nublar, or Isla Sorna?

Because honestly they have dinosaurs on both, and it would be good to see some of the movie locals, both could be said for both islands.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • either island would be good but please no spinosaurus cuz it ruined the film t-rex runs Jurassic Park not some fish eating dinosaur

• @MusicallyInspired said: A third island would be pushing the boundaries of suspension of disbelief, though.

Why? I think I'd like a tri-island area :p.

• Ok...you guys do realize there aren't any Dinosaurs left on Isla Nublar, right?
    They explain that in the 2nd movie, they wiped the dinosaurs out on the first island after the "incident" and kept the 2nd island hidden so they could keep their "scientific discovery" alive.
    It is a shame, real shame, because I would LOVE to see the Island from the first movie again as well....but its just not possible if they are going for an expanded universe sequel approach. Why do you think they went to Isla Sorna in both JP II and III....there is a reason for that....they just couldn't go back there after they ruled out that possibility in the 2nd movie...except if you want to make a movie with just some ruins and no dinosaurs. :p

• @Icedhope said: Actuall according to spielberg and david koep(Screen writer.) It was just the rex.

JP2 was King Kong with dinosaurs.

• Nublar was bombed, in the book and they almost put it in the movie if it wasn't for they didn't want to ruin children's hearts, cuz kids would of said "why did the y kill the cool dinosaurs mommy?." But basically the island was bombed and Isla Sorna is the only island with dinosaurs. I think it should take place on Sorna unless it is a prequel before the first incident happened. but if could be a prequel that took place on Sorna, and could explain how all the animals were released into the wild.

• If we're following the movies then, which I'm sure they are, then I would have to say Isla Nublar.

If it takes place after the movies it'll be cool to see what the island looks like now after so many years. Also, it'll make for a nice story trying to figure out why dinosaurs are still on the island even after it's been said that they were all moved to site B

Unless, it's a remake of the first film. Then it'll just be awesome to relive the movie in video game format.

• @zwollie said: Ok...you guys do realize there aren't any Dinosaurs left on Isla Nublar, right?
    They explain that in the 2nd movie, they wiped the dinosaurs out on the first island after the "incident" and kept the 2nd island hidden so they could keep their "scientific discovery" alive.
    It is a shame, real shame, because I would LOVE to see the Island from the first movie again as well....but its just not possible if they are going for an expanded universe sequel approach. Why do you think they went to Isla Sorna in both JP II and III....there is a reason for that....they just couldn't go back there after they ruled out that possibility in the 2nd movie...except if you want to make a movie with just some ruins and no dinosaurs. :p

Wait...what cannon are you taking that from the deleted scenes, because they were cut, and then added into the fox version, if it was an extended version on the movie for DVD or VHS I would consider it.

• I voted for Isla Nublar, it's much more iconic than site b. It IS Jurassic Park. zwollie brings up a good point. Are any dinosaurs still alive there? If you remember Sam Jackson in the first movie -

Ray Arnold: "The lysine contingency - it's intended to prevent the spread of the animals is case they ever got off the island. Dr. Wu inserted a gene that makes a single faulty enzyme in protein metabolism. The animals can't manufacture the amino acid lysine. Unless they're continually supplied with lysine by us, they'll slip into a coma and die."

Then in the second movie, it's explained that the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna were not tampered with in this fashion, and that's how they've survived. The dinosaurs on Isla Nublar should have died shortly after the events of the movie with no one left to restock their lysine supply. This was a brilliant idea but makes returning to the original Jurassic Park difficult.

• The Isla Sorna dinosaurs were created with the lysine deficiency too. They were able to survive because there were lysine-rich plants in the environment and they instinctively adjusted their diet.

• @thesporkman said: The Isla Sorna dinosaurs were created with the lysine deficiency too. They were able to survive because there were lysine-rich plants in the environment and they instinctively adjusted their diet.

Well it's true in both cases, the carnivores at the herbivores, and the plants where full of the lysine, so the carnivores got their supply of Lysine from the herbivores, and the herbivores from the plants wich they ate.

Add Comment