User Avatar Image

Q&A with Jared Emerson-Johnson, Friday!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Hear ye hear ye, Jared is coming to the forums to answer some of your music and sound related questions! Pop in to hear the answers on Friday the 2nd from 10am to 11am PST (he chose this specifically so Europeans can be awake for it, what a guy!)

Let me tell you- Jared is a superhero. He sets the tone of the world with ease, he knocks out sound effects with a single blow, he makes what we do sound AMAZING. It's a fact that Telltale sometimes hires super-human automatons, and investigations as to Jared's actual humanity are pending. Some people are just too talented.

(Fun fact: he's also super-skilled at Beatles Rock Band.)

We're open for questioning, so load 'em up and keep him busy.

182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I now it's officially proved, again, Jared is awesome. Hands down.

• I have to say that you've outdone yourself with this season Jared! I usually don't pay much heed to game sound tracks, but your work is continually fantastic, fitting each scene perfectly, and really stands out among some of my favorite sound work.

I really loved the Charlie Hotep themes at the end of episode four. Who did you get to do the chanting? Can you tell me what they're chanting?

• I'm amazed that this hasn't been asked.

Favorite C.O.P.?

• *gasp!*

Jared: Rockin' even harder than usual for answering all of the questions asked after the initial talkback. :D

Hmm ... I think I've got one. One thing I enjoy doing with my favorite soundtracks is picking out and paying special attention to the leitmotifs, partly because I love how they're often associated with specific characters. The same goes with Sam & Max, both while I'm playing the games and listening to the soundtrack on its own. What would you say has been your favorite leitmotif these past three seasons?

(Adding, too, my admiration and appreciation for the thoroughness of your answers. I'm but a lowly, non-musical peasant who loves great music, so I found the information absolutely fascinating in an "I'm-on-the-outside-looking-in-but-I-can-still-see-when-totally-awesome-stuff-is-happening-in-there-and-I-want-to-know-how" way. Though I hope to someday figure out how to describe this without resorting to so many hyphens. :o)

• @lombre said: I'm amazed that this hasn't been asked.

Favorite C.O.P.?

About halfway down the page

http://www.culturalzest.com/2010/08/18/jared/2/

• Jared, here's a hypothetical question for you.

You must for some reason elminate one instrument from history forever, which one do you choose?

Personally I choose the harmonica, I can forfeit just about everything they've given us if it means never having to hear one bust out at a party again

• @JedExodus said: Jared, here's a hypothetical question for you.

You must for some reason elminate one instrument from history forever, which one do you choose?

Personally I choose the harmonica, I can forfeit just about everything they've given us if it means never having to hear one bust out at a party again

I'd get rid of the vuvuzela, but you're not asking me, are you?

• @The Highway said: I'd get rid of the vuvuzela, but you're not asking me, are you?

Ah, it's not like we have to deal with them that much. I was in Amsterdam when Holland played Uruguay, oh how we vuvuzed through the night *memories*

Add Comment