User Avatar Image

Epic Mickey

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

I almost thought this was a joke for a second. But however it isn't... Epic Mickey is this upcoming wii game that is development, and which the plot focuses on obscure cartoon characters wanting revenge on Mickey mouse. The plot sounds really promising and for those who haven't seen the concept artwork of it its great.

Anyone looking forward to this game? I got a feeling that this could be rated T. :D

150 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Snicklin said: After reading numerous articles about Epic Mickey, it's turning out to be less and less of a dark, creepy, cynical parody of Mickey Mouse (I mean, you would think that taking a giant mutant mechanical scorpion and sticking Goofy's head on it would automatically make it look creepy). It now just looks like a Super Mario Galaxy crossed with Okami with the lights turned down.

But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an epic game. :p

I think that what a lot of people really don't understand is that this is less "Gritty Mickey" and more "1920s Mickey". This reaction makes sense, because absolutely nobody but me actually cares about animation that is that old, and absolutely nobody but me is excited about the return of Oswald.

• @Rather Dashing said: This reaction makes sense, because absolutely nobody but me actually cares about animation that is that old

Hey, whoa there, I saw Gertie the Dinosaur. :p

Never heard of Oswald though. Anyway, I hope the actual game won't look so bright as these early screenshots. I really liked the look of that concept art, but now that look is looking to be watered down quite a bit.

• @Haggis said: Hey, whoa there, I saw Gertie the Dinosaur. :p

Never heard of Oswald though. Anyway, I hope the actual game won't look so bright as these early screenshots. I really liked the look of that concept art, but now that look is looking to be watered down quite a bit.

The idea of the concept seems to be that you CAN paint the landscape all bright and colorful, or mischievously tear everything down. On one hand, we can be only seeing one side of the game in screenshots.

On the other, someone may have needed to make some compromises down the road that made the atmosphere of the game be pretty....well, meh.

• if you look in the art work booklet that came with the fallout 3 collector’s edition…. there is a picture of a post-apocalyptic family in a half melted family sedan. the kids and family although dead from the nuclear blast seem to be wearing mickey caps.:eek::guybrush:

• Hah, looks like you left a word out of the title of the thread there... I believe it should read 'Epic Mickey Sucks'. Ah well, easy mistake. ;)

• Oh, so you've played it then?

Also, has the opening cinematic been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MnhFSHTxU

• but i played fallout 3 and loved it.
    :o

• The designers have had this game in concept well before any of the kingdom hearts games came into play.

I personally can't wait to play it, and take my sweet time, not rushing through the stages...

I am disneyland and wdw alumni and a former cast member. disneylandalumni.org member.

why i am happy for this:

The game brings back characters and theme park attractions from yesterdayland, and brings them back to life. Disney has been always an American icon, and this is good for gamers who like to "Talk story" with their friends, family, and loved ones.

oh, and since Disney is now married with MARVEL, you can expect to see progressively impressive films for our current and next generations :)
    something to look forward too.

• Oswald , was in play when Disney and Universal were the same entity. Before mickey, there was a common "the lucky rabbit" that americans of the early 20th century came to love.

Add Comment