User Avatar Image

Dragoncon.

posted by Comrade Pants on - last edited - Viewed by 457 users

So who's going? It's pretty much an East Coast thing, but I've seen people from around the world in years past and it's pretty much on the same scale as GenCon and E3 in terms of attendance. I'm going - surprisingly enough not as Andrew Ryan and I would love to know if anyone else is.

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Once again, Guru saves the day!

• Did you know that all the letters in "Andrew Ryan" can be found in the names "Avistew", "Comerade Pants", "StLouisRibs", and "The Highway"? Just saying...

• Now I wanna be called comrade pants :(

Edit: Also, welcome to the community, comrade pants.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Did you know that all the letters in "Andrew Ryan" can be found in the names "Avistew", "Comerade Pants", "StLouisRibs", and "The Highway"? Just saying...

That's like saying, "Did you know that all the letters in 'Andrew Ryan' can be found in the words 'And', 'Drew', 'Rye' and 'An'?". It's not much of a coincidence.

And how'd you get you're name changed by Jake, Pants? I sent him a PM long ago and yet no response!

• @BoneFreak said:
    And how'd you get you're name changed by Jake, Pants? I sent him a PM long ago and yet no response!

I guess when you're an irritant offering to change his ways, doors magically open for you!

@BoneFreak said: Now I wanna be called comrade pants :(

Edit: Also, welcome to the community, comrade pants.

It really is the best name ever. Thanks for the formal welcoming, Fealiks!

@BoneFreak said: Once again, Guru saves the day!

Indeed. I want to use that picture somewhere.

• @BoneFreak said: That's like saying, "Did you know that all the letters in 'Andrew Ryan' can be found in the words 'And', 'Drew', 'Rye' and 'An'?". It's not much of a coincidence.

It wasn't supposed to be a coincidence. It was supposed to be a less-than-subtle hint that I used those four names to doctor an image with Andrew Ryan as his name. And you just ruined it. Way to go.

• When I get out of college, I'm going to spend time going to places like these. But right now it's not very likely.

• Dragon*con is a pretty good time. I really liked the way they handled panels a lot better than some of the larger conventions (comicon, etc). Since I'm originally from Georgia, I still have a lot of friends who try to get me to go every year, but since PAX is closer and is on the same weekend...

Still, I'm always a little sad that I have to miss it.

• @Will said: Dragon*con is a pretty good time. I really liked the way they handled panels a lot better than some of the larger conventions (comicon, etc). Since I'm originally from Georgia, I still have a lot of friends who try to get me to go every year, but since PAX is closer and is on the same weekend...

Still, I'm always a little sad that I have to miss it.

You should have seen the Big Daddy they brought last year. I was in awe. I ended up half-assing my costume and just wearing my airsoft camo. I said it was Stargate.

• Oh, I've certainly seen pictures. Truly impressive.

Add Comment