User Avatar Image

So, anyone else surprised that TTG got beaten to the punch here?

posted by alexonfyre on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

I don't know if any of you guys have played Blue Toad Mystery Files, but it is a funny, episodic puzzle based game with cartoonish characters that even look like they are from the TTEngine. Playing it, I am surprised it isn't by them, since it seems so much to me like the type of puzzle game TTG would make if they made one (much more so than Puzzle Agent.)
I liked Puzzle Agent quite a lot, but I think that anyone who likes TTG and also puzzle games needs to play Blue Toad, though it is PS3 exclusive.

Is anyone else surprised that TTG didn't do it first?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pcox said: lol, consoles.

    this guy wins the internet.


    And an xbox 360

  • just to let you know i have the first 3 chapters of BTMF and its really not worth the $15 i spent on it. The puzzles are way to easy, half way through the chapter it dosnt take a astrophysist to guess who did it and still you cant just guess at that point you have to go through the rest of the chapter just to get on with it. also the humor was quite dry besides the anouncer at the end of the puzzles occationaly saying good for you, you dont suck at this.
    On the flip side Puzzle agent was fantastic most of the puzzles where a challenge the gnomes are freaky and the story was twisty in a good way. well worth it and BTMF cant hold a flame or even an unlit match to puzzle agent.
    the only thing that BTMF does have is a competive multiplayer but thats just forceing multipul people to go through the same puzzles with the same answers again just with some one else beside them. so pretty much a usless multiplayer option.

  • BTMF really wasn't that good. I got around to playing it finally. Not really enjoying it. I'd be upset if I didn't pay $1.29 for it.

  • @StLouisRibs said: BTW, Half of these points are inaccurate now.


    I count one, being the wireless dongle for the 360. Internet is still free on the PS3, at the same standard it's always been, but you can pay for an extra special service. Standard class is still there, but they added a few 1st class seats. But it doesn't really matter. It's the game that counts right?

    Anyway, i keep meaning to try out the BTMMF. I'm currently trying to coax my mum into buying them, claiming it's "just like Prof. Layton!"

  • @Friar said: I count one, being the wireless dongle for the 360. Internet is still free on the PS3, at the same standard it's always been, but you can pay for an extra special service. Standard class is still there, but they added a few 1st class seats. But it doesn't really matter. It's the game that counts right?

    Anyway, i keep meaning to try out the BTMMF. I'm currently trying to coax my mum into buying them, claiming it's "just like Prof. Layton!"

    Game's voiced by one guy, if that bugs you. Puzzles are alright. I bought it for $1.29 and I'm not so happy about it.

  • @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 requires you to buy an $80 dongle to get wifi access, PS3 has it built in.


    I don't use internet.

    Xbox 360 requires you to pay $50 annually to play online, PS3 has free online play.


    I don't play online. Or, in some hypotethical universe where I want to play online, I'd do so using my personal computer.

    Xbox 360 forces you to buy random amounts of "points" in odd amounts so that if you buy anything that doesn't cost exact increments of 400 points, you end up having points sit around unspent forever, PS3 uses exact currency amounts, added as you need it.


    I don't buy any "points", since I don't use internet.

    Xbox 360 wireless controllers require you to buy a battery pack and charger/charge cable or endless AA batteries to use them, PS3 controllers come with built in rechargeable batteries that can be charged with any USB mini cable.


    I have endless AA batteries.

    Xbox 360 arcade had absolutely no hard drive, requiring you to either buy an overpriced and microscopic memory card, or an overpriced hard drive in order to even save or patch a game, and only very recently allowed flash drive support, every PS3 SKU has come with a hard drive, all PS3s have had flash drive support and several have also come with memory card slots in addition to their hard drives.


    I have the XBox360 Arcade, and it does have a hard drive. Granted, a very small one, only 120 MB, and once the Xbox360 goes ka-boom, I'll lose all my data, but it's a hard drive nevertheless.

    Xbox 360 and PS3 games cost exactly the same price on launch, so I don't really know what to make of that comment, unless you're referring to Wii games, which are inherently cheaper to make than 360 and PS3 games due to the lower quality graphics on the Wii meaning less production time in most cases.


    But, since the PS3 cost more than the Xbox360, I tend to prefer the Xbox360 instead.

    In 4 years of owning a 360, it cost me over $700, in roughly the same amount of time, my PS3 has only cost me $300 for more features.

    $250 for console+$50 extra controller=$300 alltogether. Granted, I don't remember how long I had my xbox360.

    Now, I'm not saying the Xbox360 is better than the PS3. That's insane. However, the Xbox360 does fit my gameplay needs, and thus is more suitable to me.

    How are Sony the ones that have their hand on your wallet?


    Television. Enough said.

    But on topic: The game does look somewhat interesting, and I may try it at some point. :p


    I hope you have a very wonderful experience. I'm trying to take a look at the trailer, but meh. I've been disillusioned with episoidic content after seeing SBCGFAP and its long release dates, so I'll prefer Telltale's Pilot Game. Then again, we're dealing with a different company, who might have more stable release times...

    EDIT: Though...prehaps in retrospect, I would have likely bought the PS3 instead of the Xbox360, just for the free Blu-Ray, but the die was cast. Sorry, SHODAN.

  • The arcade didn't have a HDD (last I remember) it came with flash memory, and such a small ammount it couldn't run many major selling Xbox(360) games.

  • *sigh*
    To preface I don't have a console preference, I own all of them and, like any real gamer, only love my PC! :P

    j/k, I like em' all, but my 360, PSP and PC have gotten the most use the past couple of years. Anyway...

    @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 requires you to buy an $80 dongle to get wifi access, PS3 has it built in.

    Valid point, but the 360 I have came with 50' of ethernet cable, more than enough considering the vast majority of people will have a landline near their TV since most Americans get their net through the cable; right next to the TV... the thing you play the vidja games on. :/

    @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 requires you to pay $50 annually to play online, PS3 has free online play.

    First of all, yes there's a monthly fee, but that's because XBL has relatively good servers. I've never seen it down and experience practically nonexistent lag (I got lag one time playing SSFIV I think. Either that or the person rage-quit, I don't know which.)

    Also it's important to point out that the Gold account allows you to use Facebook, Netflix and other crap I really don't care about. You can still get online, but no co-op. Which sounds like crap until you realize the next point.

    Microsoft hands out months of gold like freaking candy. Seriously, when I first opened my Xbox I got half a year of gold time, then another 3 months when I got Halo, more when I bought GTAIV, and another 3 months once when I had my Xbox serviced (cost me nothing and turnaround was a week and a half.) Oh, and I got another month free when I got Rockband, sometimes they give out months for free based on specials and Gold is usually cheaper around the dead periods when there aren't games that hand out months of playtime for free. I've spent a total of $30 (3 months) of gold account time, and I've owned my 360 since 08. :/

    So yeah, every once in a while you'll pay $10 to have good servers with good admins that aren't laggy. And while PSN is alright it's nowhere near as stable as XBL.

    @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 forces you to buy random amounts of "points" in odd amounts so that if you buy anything that doesn't cost exact increments of 400 points, you end up having points sit around unspent forever, PS3 uses exact currency amounts, added as you need it.

    This has changed. It used to be that you'd have 20 to 60 points left over per song for Rockband if you paid online... Unless you just went to the store and bought the 120pt card. Oh yeah, and you can buy XBL points everywhere. Seriously, they're in Walgreens and gas stations all over where I live.

    @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 wireless controllers require you to buy a battery pack and charger/charge cable or endless AA batteries to use them, PS3 controllers come with built in rechargeable batteries that can be charged with any USB mini cable.

    I don't know what you're talking about, but my 360 came with a wireless controller with the USB wire to charge it. When I went to the store to buy another one it came with a AA pack. I was upset for all of a day before I went to the store and bought a wireless charge pack for 8 bucks. The same cost as 8 AA batteries.

    Whoop-dee-doo

    @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 arcade had absolutely no hard drive, requiring you to either buy an overpriced and microscopic memory card, or an overpriced hard drive in order to even save or patch a game, and only very recently allowed flash drive support, every PS3 SKU has come with a hard drive, all PS3s have had flash drive support and several have also come with memory card slots in addition to their hard drives.

    I could always use a flash drive with my 360 so this is another WTH...? I don't like how it creates a partition on my flash drive to store data but, whatever. Oh, and yeah the Arcade's the cheapo $150 console. The next up (with HD space) is $250. What's the cheapest PS3 model I can get now... Oh, it's $300. Well darn :/

    @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 and PS3 games cost exactly the same price on launch, so I don't really know what to make of that comment, unless you're referring to Wii games, which are inherently cheaper to make than 360 and PS3 games due to the lower quality graphics on the Wii meaning less production time in most cases.

    This is truth.

    @SHODANFreeman said: In 4 years of owning a 360, it cost me over $700, in roughly the same amount of time, my PS3 has only cost me $300 for more features.

    Honestly, I think you maybe didn't realize all the options available for both systems. The only mitigating factor is the price for Gold but, honestly I feel like I'm paying for a quality service (when I actually do pay) unlike PSN which lags or crashes all the time on me. And PS Home is crap.

    Now, I DO like how the PSN has a lot of classic PSX games, and how it integrates with my PSP, and that its library is actually starting to get good since it's been mostly crap the past couple of years. Really, it all comes down to taste.

    Unless you have a good PC in which case, as we all know, PCs are the superior gaming console (seriously, this is a forum for people who play adventure games that were until SB PC exclusive! Why are we even having this discussion?!) :o

  • I have had a 360 since launch, almost 5 years ago, and all of those points were or still are valid. Just because your 360 happened to come with some things doesn't mean they all did.

    Also, I have experienced hardcore lag on Xbox Live numerous times before, whereas I've had almost no lag whatsoever on PSN, so I really don't see how Xbox Live is "superior".

  • @SHODANFreeman said: I have had a 360 since launch, almost 5 years ago, and all of those points were or still are valid. Just because your 360 happened to come with some things doesn't mean they all did.

    Also, I have experienced hardcore lag on Xbox Live numerous times before, whereas I've had almost no lag whatsoever on PSN, so I really don't see how Xbox Live is "superior".

    Hehe. For some reason i want to post random pictures hating both PS3 and 360 (i favor 360 btw.Superior marketplace!But PS3 IS free)

    gaming14.png102855-360sucks.jpg

Add Comment