User Avatar Image

Jennifer Hale vioce actRESS

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 244 users

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuaD6cC5RpA

Yep, actress, not actor, nope nope noppity...a ring a ring ding, a ring a ring dingg...ok you guys can pick up the phone now, tell me what you think. I think it's pretty awesome.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Fealiks said: While "sibling" is the hypernym of "sister" and "grandparent" is the hypernym of "grandfather", "cousin" has no hyponyms and so it's the only family-related word that isn't specific to gender (that is, it's the only family-related word that has no gender-specific words associated with it).

I also find it slightly odd that there's no genderless term (wait, I can try this new word... hypernym!) for aunt/uncle.

• @Fealiks said: While "sibling" is the hypernym of "sister" and "grandparent" is the hypernym of "grandfather", "cousin" has no hyponyms and so it's the only family-related word that isn't specific to gender (that is, it's the only family-related word that has no gender-specific words associated with it).

Interestingly enough, there is no word for "sibling" in French. You can't say "my siblings", you have to say "my brothers and sisters" every time. Unless you only have one kind. So asking if someone has siblings is more complicated ("do you have brothers and/or sisters?")

@Fealiks said: By the same token, "teal" is a hyponym of "blue" and both "colour" and "blue" are the hypernyms of "crimson"

Er, isn't crimson red?

• @Fealiks said:

She also portrayed Commander Shepard about 10 times better than Mark Meer did in Mass Effect. That's why femshep is always the way to go.

This I agree to. Manshep had no emotion or depth to his character, it seemed. This was not an issue with Femshep.

• Comrade Pants is awesome. Did I add this guy as a friend yet? I gotta check it out.

For whatever reason I think he's "cool"...not like cool like Arnold though.

• @Avistew said: Interestingly enough, there is no word for "sibling" in French. You can't say "my siblings", you have to say "my brothers and sisters" every time. Unless you only have one kind. So asking if someone has siblings is more complicated ("do you have brothers and/or sisters?")

Er, isn't crimson red?

Um, I meant to type "teal"... >.>

I confused myself. I was watching TV while typing that post.

@Avistew said: This I agree to. Manshep had no emotion or depth to his character, it seemed. This was not an issue with Femshep.

Agreed. Manshep's voice really gets on my noyvs.

• @doodo! said: Comrade Pants is awesome. Did I add this guy as a friend yet? I gotta check it out.

For whatever reason I think he's "cool"...not like cool like Arnold though.

I have never before been accused of being cool. How dare you insult my nerd honour! In any case, I totally accepted your request.

@doodo! said:
    Agreed. Manshep's voice really gets on my noyvs.

Yes. Why they didn't pick a better voice actor is beyond me. I'd rather have George Lowe (the Space Ghost from SGC2C) do that voice. At least it would be lulzy. Ever meet George Lowe? Awesome guy.

• They should have got Richard Dean Anderson. Femshep's voice reminds me a lot of Sam Carter, so it only stands to reason that Manshep's voice should remind me of Jack O'Neill.

I can hear it now. "Space squid? For cryin' out loud."

• @Fealiks said: They should have got Richard Dean Anderson. Femshep's voice reminds me a lot of Sam Carter, so it only stands to reason that Manshep's voice should remind me of Jack O'Neill.

I can hear it now. "Space squid? For cryin' out loud."

Only if XO Pressley in the first game was Michael Hogan. The guy reeks of Commander Saul Tigh.

• We're talking about Stargate here, Ryan.

• @Fealiks said: We're talking about Stargate here, Ryan.

But Battlestar Galactica is on SciFi... er, SyFy too. Also, it's better. :P

Add Comment