User Avatar Image

Am i the only one who uses walkthroughs for this game?

posted by Bertan1311 on - last edited - Viewed by 356 users

I have played all three seasons of sam and max and i didn't finish one, not even one episode without using the walkthrough at least once (okay, three or four times)

I am the only one?

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've resorted to walkthroughs multiple times in each season, I'd say season three was the hardest for me.

• I suck at adventure games and have to resort to walkthroughs all the time, including the Sam and Max 1 and 2 seasons, Wallace and Gromnit.

Although it seems TTG gets easier, with only 1 use in ToMI, and none at all for Sam and Max season 3...

• User Avatar Image
    Sparifankerl BANNED

I don't want to sound arrogant or something, but I think Telltale's games are quite easy. I've never had to use a walkthrough and always switch off the hint function. And I also rarely get stuck for a long time, except for how to get Lincoln's brain in 203 (which is actually one of my favourite puzzles) and how to get the 300 trillion dollars in 106 (which I still think is quite ridiculous). After talking to everybody, looking at everything and trying the obvious, a solution usually presents itself. Sometimes I even have to stop myself from doing the right thing, because I want to know what happens if I do it wrong.

I've played a lot of adventure games so far, and some of them were far more difficult. For example, I think I had to use a walkthrough for each of the old Lucas Arts adventures at least once, which again can be quite frustrating.

So I know it's a thin line between too easy and too hard, but I'm still wishing for Telltale to put out a really challenging game. Maybe they could do it like in MI 2 and 3, where you could set the difficulty level at the beginning.

Although I've been a little disappointed by the puzzles, I'm still a big fan of Telltale Games though, because of the great storytelling, humour, voice acting, etc.

• @Sparifankerl said: So I know it's a thin line between too easy and too hard, but I'm still wishing for Telltale to put out a really challenging game. Maybe they could do it like in MI 2 and 3, where you could set the difficulty level at the beginning.

Yeah, but there's hard and hard. The Monkey Island "hard" is not the same that Runaway or Hit the Road "hard"... I mean, some people can't just try to figure out the way of resolving the puzzle during days.

• User Avatar Image
    Sparifankerl BANNED

I've only played the first Runaway and thought the puzzles were really good, although the difficulty dropped quite heavily in the final chapters. Hit the Road was really unsolvable for me (as also the first Discworld I). But since Telltale have already established a hint function, they could include some harder puzzles and just drop heavy hints for those who don't want to ponder over a puzzle for some time.

• @Sparifankerl said: But since Telltale have already established a hint function, they could include some harder puzzles and just drop heavy hints for those who don't want to ponder over a puzzle for some time.

Yeah, you have a point here.

• I think DoTT must be the hardest LA adventure.
    Not only do they got illogical puzzles, but across timezones.

Game was great though, but I probably used a walkthrough 50 times...

• I either use half hints from the start and never get stuck or no hints and get stck on one easy or slightly random puzzle.

• S3 should probably not require a walkthrough. S1 and S2 is udnerstandable at times. I remember there were some weird spots.

Old adventure games...like walkthrough is mandatory unless you wnat to be stuck for days. I don't play games like that :9.

Add Comment