User Avatar Image

Sam & Max X's Adventures (Contains Spoilers)

posted by JasonDK on - last edited - Viewed by 789 users

At the end of TCTDNS, Max X says that his Sam turned into a beast with eletromagnetic powers. Could it be that the Xs had all of the same adventures as the Primes, but changed with the battle with Charlie X.?Instead of letting Max fall, Sam gets on the torch, throws Max outta the way, and Sam fuzed with Junior. And possibly everything that happened in TCTDNS happened again, but everything with Max was replaced with Sam, and vice versa. Another large change may be that after Junior Sam X was blown up by Max (That makes me wonder, does SAM have a Super-ego personification?), Max X hopped on the Elevator and went back to the past (or future, depending on the time Max leaves) and initated the end of TCTDNS. And assuming that the X timeline is parlell, maybe Max X recalled adventures or crimefighting, depending on what you do.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Harald B said: When the four of them are on board the ufo and you talk to Sam A, he asks you for help figuring out how to get to the moon. That's how you're able to trick Sam & Max A into walking into Superball. Sam and Max Prime, however, weren't interested in getting to the moon until the start of Bright Side.

I don't know how to explain that, really. My best guess is that Sam saw they were on a spaceship and was simply curious, with it not really having anything to do with his current case. I'd have to go back and see the exact dialogue again, and since I'd like to run the whole series again, that's gonna be a while.

I'd like to see that comment, but I suppose that could work. Nobody noticing the giant Sam monster is a bit of a stretch, but I suppose it's par for the course.

Sure, here it is:

@Harald B said: He came in via the time traveling elevator. It's the Max from episode 102, who stole the time machine from "present" Sam & Max in episode 204. He and Sam from 102 have been having their own adventures during the last 6 episodes.

Also, I asked the same question about nobody noticing the Sam monster, and Chuck had this answer:

@Harald B said: This season's been in New York the whole time, so the other guys' adventures could've been happening anywhere else.

So I suppose that's a good enough answer.

Hm, I hadn't thought of that one. So in this case we have actually been witnessing timeline B ever since the Chariots finale. Fascinating, and I can't think of any objections.

Thanks. I pride myself on coming up with insane yet plausible explanations for things. You should see my rant on how the entire Monkey Island series was the plot of the Voodoo Lady. I don't believe any of it, but it all works.

• This is getting WAY too confusing for me. Also, tl;dr.

Can someone sum this up simply?

• I think the timeline chart is as simple as it's going to get for you. Let me see if I can bullet point it.

-In 204, Sam and Max (from the original universe, so we call them Prime) travel back to 102 to get a recording contract. Past Sam and Max (we'll call them A) steal their time machine and skip ahead to 204. This creates an alternate timeline with an extra Sam and Max.

-At the end of 204, Sam and Max A steal the time machine and go to parts unknown as the ship is about to be destroyed. We don't hear from them again for a while.

-Somewhere between 204 and 305, Sam and Max A have adventures somewhere other than New York, and Sam A is turned into a giant electromagnokinetic monster, and Max A is forced to destroy him.

-At the end of 305, Max A uses the machine to find Sam Prime, and having both lost their partners, they join up and either ride off into the sunset or hop back in the time machine.

Does that work?

• Thanks. I pride myself on coming up with insane yet plausible explanations for things. You should see my rant on how the entire Monkey Island series was the plot of the Voodoo Lady. I don't believe any of it, but it all works.[/QUOTE]

could you point me to the forum for that discussion please, cause i can't find it

• Anyone got reminded of the ending of this season of Doctor Who?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@tredlow said: Anyone got reminded of the ending of this season of Doctor Who?

Me. I kinda imagined the Doctor popping in at some point and taking away the time elevator. "Stop messing with my time-stream! You're screwing it all up!"

• @russell19831983 said: could you point me to the forum for that discussion please, cause i can't find it

Here you go.

• Thanks, but after I asked you I went searching again and found it, its always the way with me. I'd get stuck on sam and max then ask for help, end up trying again and working it out only to come back for someone to tell me what I did.

• I'm amazed you were able to find it. I always find it by searching for posts I made containing the phrase "fixed the hell out of it".

And now because I told you that, there's going to be two results for that search instead of one.

• I did search for posts, i searched for monkey island series voodoo lady plot, cause you mentioned that, then I was reading the posts it came up with and found yours, it was a good read.

Add Comment