User Avatar Image

I have been instructed to take a poll

posted by Darth Vader on - last edited - Viewed by 340 users

The Galactic Empire must gather information from you so that we may further understand your community. You will give me the information I need or you will face the consequences.

Do not make this experience more social than it has to be. You will form an orderly line. When you get to the front of the queue, you will tick the appropriate box on the poll. You will not speak. After submitting your choice, you will return to your dwelling without incident or noise.

Failure to comply is... most unwise.

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Vader said: You do not have the jurisdiction, the power, or the fortitude.

Here's a little of all three.

20fu8ur.jpg

Oh, and this isn't Agent Smith. It's me; we just look a lot alike. You can't see my face because it's a secret.

• @Sailorcuteness said: did everything burn off in that fight?....:rolleyes:

From what I've heard not. Most was due to coffee spilling of some Asshole. I believe it was Frank Asshole, I have to ask him that when I next meet him.

• @Secret Fawful said: Here's a little of all three.

20fu8ur.jpg

Oh, and this isn't Agent Smith. It's me; we just look a lot alike. You can't see my face because it's a secret.

Hm... A desert eagle in .50 Calibre AE is pretty much all three. I mean, it's certainly not practical, but it is AWESOME and that's all that counts.

• @GaryCXJk said: From what I've heard not. Most was due to coffee spilling of some Asshole. I believe it was Frank Asshole, I have to ask him that when I next meet him.

I though it was Major Asshole. Jesus, are we surrounded by Assholes?

• I'd like to point out that Dr. Pepper stays fizzy FOREVER.

• Is this just a sad, sad attempt at market research?

• Okay, how is it that the International Bad Guys Alliance has no information at all on product branding?

Vader, the reason one of two identical(or highly similar) products are preferred, even when you do not consider price, is due mainly to brand association. It's very similar to propaganda, which I'm sure you and your Empire know well. The main difference is that, rather than one government, the propaganda is released by various companies. People identify with this propaganda and find themselves driven by marketing to believe there is an appreciable difference, or that by drinking one cola over another they are expressing some aspect of their unique identity while at the same time falling lock-step into their corporate overlord's plans.

I think that by studying the marketing and branding of Earth's companies, you could gain a lot to bring back into government-approved Imperial media.

• @Rather Dashing said: Okay, how is it that the International Bad Guys Alliance has no information at all on product branding?

Vader, the reason one of two identical(or highly similar) products are preferred, even when you do not consider price, is due mainly to brand association. It's very similar to propaganda, which I'm sure you and your Empire know well. The main difference is that, rather than one government, the propaganda is released by various companies. People identify with this propaganda and find themselves driven by marketing to believe there is an appreciable difference, or that by drinking one cola over another they are expressing some aspect of their unique identity while at the same time falling lock-step into their corporate overlord's plans.

I think that by studying the marketing and branding of Earth's companies, you could gain a lot to bring back into government-approved Imperial media.

tl;dr.

• @Rather Dashing said: Okay, how is it that the International Bad Guys Alliance has no information at all on product branding?

So... what you are saying is... that I should kill all those who oppose me?

Add Comment