User Avatar Image

PS3 vs PC endings for 305

posted by ATMachine on - last edited - Viewed by 280 users

Telltale, I've heard that the PS3 release of 305 has an ending that's different from the PC versions.

In the PC version, at one point during a conversation, you have to choose whether Sam's favorite part of hanging out of Max is adventuring or crimefighting. This choice determines whether you get one of two different endings. However, you can't not have the conversation that selects what ending you get.

Conversely, in the PS3 version of 305, it's apparently possible to avoid this conversation, with the result that you get an ending that's slightly different from either PC ending.

But, I'm still not sure if that conversation (the one that produces the branching-ending effect) is actually included in the PS3 version at all.

So, I'm asking you guys to state on the record: Does the PS3 version of 305 only have one ending? Or does it have all three endings, of which one is not available on the PC version?

I really hope it's the former.... I'm frankly sick of PS3 users getting exclusive content like NutriSpecs.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • whats the ps3 ending if u avoid the convo?

• So now I've heard that the extra third ending could be found in the earlier 305 PC review copies, but the method used to activate it doesn't seem to work in the final product.

If this is actually the case... Shame on you, Telltale. PC gamers deserve better than you've treated them.

• @ATMachine said: PC gamers deserve better than you've treated them.

Well, it started with the "cinematic" direction... and from now on, we'll quite probably slowly start missing a few things. First a little extra, later on a chapter, etc.

Yep. The point & click computer market put them on their feet & now the consoles will get all the goodies.

And to think I used to find it immoral to download Telltale Games without buying them.

And to think I'm still buying them.

Feh.

I never learn.

Cheers!

• Hmph. If you want, I could try reinstalling my review copy and frapsing the ending for you if I manage to get it.

• You are most kind to go through all that trouble & I'm sure many here would thank you for it.

However, it won't solve the real problem, will it?

Nevertheless, we'd highly appreciate it. I would, at any rate.

Cheers!

• I think you should confirm whether the ending is obtainable in the PC version before you start complaining about Telltale betraying you.

And please stop calling the NutriSpecs exclusive. Just because they're not available yet in the computer versions doesn't mean they'll never be.

• I hate all of you. That is all.

• Wait, isn't the difference that is being complained about...5 seconds of animation? In which one minor detail is changed?

Just...you know, making sure.

• @Shwoo said: And please stop calling the NutriSpecs exclusive. Just because they're not available yet in the computer versions doesn't mean they'll never be.

Shwoo, there are many adults who still complain when they can't have 1970s toys. And there's no changing that.

Add Comment