User Avatar Image

The World Famous Mass Effect Thread

posted by Fealiks on - last edited - Viewed by 290 users

I just started playing Mass Effect again and because I'm a massive nerd, I feel like talking about it.

So discuss anything Mass Effect related in here. Suggested topics include: the upcoming Mass Effect movie, speculation about the upcoming Mass Effect movie, Mass Effect 3 and any future books (if anyone reads them (I don't)), "I haven't played Mass Effect but want to come into this awesome thread anyway because I can sense that it's great and world famous", the plot, the characters, "What's up with Tali's face?", "who did you romance?", gay alien sex, straight alien sex, alien sex, "aliens: sex?" and anything else you can think of, including, but not limited to, alien sex.

DISCUSS!

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was thinking of getting the second one very soon, but do I need to play the first one at all? I'm usually always iffy when it comes to skipping games in a series.

• @PecanBlue said: I was thinking of getting the second one very soon, but do I need to play the first one at all? I'm usually always iffy when it comes to skipping games in a series.

You don't absolutely need to, but it greatly enhances the second one as the save carries over.

• ME1 is a very nice RPG.
    In ME1 you make meaningful choices.
    ME1 has a plot.
    Tali's cool.

ME2 is a very nice action game, but completely unworthy of the name RPG.
    In ME2 you make like, 3 choices (and 1 is bugged, yay BioWare), and the only difference is from choices you made in ME1.
    ME2 lacks a plot.
    Tali's a slut.

More to discuss?

• @Hassat Hunter said: ME1 is a very nice RPG.
    ME1 has a plot.
    Tali's cool.

In ME2 you make like, 3 choices (and 1 is bugged, yay BioWare), and the only difference is from choices you made in ME1.
    ME2 lacks a plot.
    Tali's a slut.

More to discuss?

Lies. LIES AND SLANDER

• @Hassat Hunter said:
    Tali's a slut.

I registered on this forum just to tell you that you have no soul.

Tali FTW.

• @StLouisRibs said: A. Wait for winter.

B. Buy a fan and install it, I did it four months ago and it's the first time I've ever opened a PC.

Belive me I'm waiting for A. I live in Scotland so it's not exactly boiling (although Summer's back with a vengeance... hot day today, in September). As soon as it gets colder however: heating off, windows open, housecoat/slippers on, play game. Soo cold... but soo worth it.

As for B, I've stuck 2 case fans in. One to suck air in and another to suck it out. The one that brings air into the case is on the same level as the N/B heatsink but is too far away to make any difference. I'm thinking at this point I'll have to get the smallest fan I can get and just glue it to the heatsink or something :p

The worst part of my problem is that I just bought some DLC for ME2 as well. I was in the middle of the Overlord DLC when the crashes became so frequent as to make me stop. As much as I want to play ME2 I'm not risking damage to my system.

• @Zonino said: Belive me I'm waiting for A. I live in Scotland so it's not exactly boiling (although Summer's back with a vengeance... hot day today, in September). As soon as it gets colder however: heating off, windows open, housecoat/slippers on, play game. Soo cold... but soo worth it.

As for B, I've stuck 2 case fans in. One to suck air in and another to suck it out. The one that brings air into the case is on the same level as the N/B heatsink but is too far away to make any difference. I'm thinking at this point I'll have to get the smallest fan I can get and just glue it to the heatsink or something :p

The worst part of my problem is that I just bought some DLC for ME2 as well. I was in the middle of the Overlord DLC when the crashes became so frequent as to make me stop. As much as I want to play ME2 I'm not risking damage to my system.

GRR, envy. I'm totally looking forward to when I wrustle up enough cash for all the DLC.

• @Hassat Hunter said: ME1 is a very nice RPG.
    ME1 has a plot.
    Tali's cool.

ME2 lacks a plot.
    Tali's a slut.

More to discuss?

Tali's character was way more developed in the second game IMO. I can't believe you're calling her a slut, though, what was slutty about her? Are you just saying it because you were able to romance her?
    Also you made tons of choices in the second game. At least the same amount as you did in the first. I agree that it was less of an RPG though, but IMO that was a good thing. It was more of an action-adventure game than an action-RPG. Keeping track of all the armour upgrades, ammo and stats in the first game was kind of annoying, I thought. I would have liked some more guns/armour in the second game, though.

Add Comment