User Avatar Image

Soundtrack brilliance

posted by ABlackEyedPea on - last edited - Viewed by 680 users

I want you guys to take a good listen to the "Pounding Fathers" track from Season 1, and then take a good listen to "The Office."

Pounding Fathers (skip to 0:15)
Office

Jared-Emerson Johnson is awesome, and this just makes him awesomer.

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Are you pointing out the similarities? In which case yes, have a search around in the other tracks too. Jared has only written about 3 independent tunes over all the seasons :p

• @doodinthemood said: Are you pointing out the similarities? In which case yes, have a search around in the other tracks too. Jared has only written about 3 independent tunes over all the seasons :p

Haha ouch! There are actually a ton of melodies throughout the games, but there are a lot of callbacks and covers. So,e of them, are subtle and some aren't. Did people notice for instance that the music in the clone chamber in 305 is a very extended and Jamed Bondified version of the same theme that plays whenever Flint crashes into a room in season two?

• @doodinthemood said: Are you pointing out the similarities? In which case yes, have a search around in the other tracks too. Jared has only written about 3 independent tunes over all the seasons :p

That was mean. Mean mean mean.

• ^ I hadn't noticed a load of those, awesomeness :D I love the little references.

• @Shwoo said: -The music that plays when Bosco gives you the truth serum (неудобство) is a muzak version of... a Russian song I don't know anything about. But I know that it is.

It's the Anthem of Russia :)

• Indeed, the soundtracks of Telltale's games are easily one of their best features, the jazzy tunes of S&M being very fitting and excellently written.

You wanna hang on to that Emerson fella, I see him going places! He even voices the C.O.P.S to hilarious effect, making them some of my favourite characters in S&M.

• Wow Shwoo, a lot of those are very interesting. Thanks for sharing them.

• Jared Emerson-Johnson voices Superball as well as the cops If I remember correctly.

And superball has an awesome voice.

• @Flyingman356 said: Jared Emerson-Johnson voices Superball as well as the cops If I remember correctly.

And superball has an awesome voice.

No, Superball is voiced by Peter Barto, who also voices Peepers.

Jared voices the full roster of C.O.P.S -except Chippy, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be that he's also voicing him-, but I'm unsure if he voiced another character from Sam and Max games. He did voice Marquis DeSinge from ToMI though and it sounds nothing like any of the COPS.

Add Comment