User Avatar Image

Steamworks

posted by asteroidjay on - last edited - Viewed by 618 users

Can someone at Telltale confirm that this game will use Steamworks, and if we buy it from this website we'll be able to register it on Steam?

Do you think there will be achievements and leaderboards and other Steam features? :)

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would like to know this too.

• Most people seem to be certain that there will also be a TF2-hat. I have no idea why they would think that right now. And in one of the articles it was mentioned that this game will have steamworks. (no official statement in this forum yet though?)
    If you want the steamfeatures then why don't you buy it on steam in the first place?

• @Varrok said: http://store.steampowered.com/app/31280/

The question isn't is it on Steam, but rather will buying through Telltale require a steam profile to install? As in it uses steamworks but is steam a necessity?

• @Woodsyblue said: The question isn't is it on Steam, but rather will buying through Telltale require a steam profile to install? As in it uses steamworks but is steam a necessity?

I don't think steem will be a requirement if you buy the game on this site.

• @der_ketzer said: I don't think steem will be a requirement if you buy the game on this site.

You may very well be right but that would make me wonder how integrated and important the steamworks would be. If it's just a set of achievements I'm sure most of us can live without that.

Have there been steamworks games that haven't required Steam in the past? I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way to be honest.

• [quote]Can someone at Telltale confirm that this game will use Steamworks...[/quote]
    [quote]http://store.steampowered.com/app/31280/[/quote]
    [quote]The question isn't is it on Steam...[/quote]
    :confused: I'm pretty sure that it was a part of this question...

Anyway, If it's singleplayer simple poker game then achievements and leatherboards aren't really needed here...

• @asteroidjay said: Can someone at Telltale confirm that this game will use Steamworks, and if we buy it from this website we'll be able to register it on Steam?

Do you think there will be achievements and leaderboards and other Steam features? :)

When I read this question it seems to me that it's assumed that the game will be on Steam. Again, the question isn't 'is it on Steam?' it's 'will it use steamworks if we buy it from telltale?' (Paraphrasing)

• @Woodsyblue said: When I read this question it seems to me that it's assumed that the game will be on Steam. Again, the question isn't 'is it on Steam?' it's 'will it use steamworks if we buy it from telltale?' (Paraphrasing)

Correct. Kotaku reported that this game will use Steamworks, and I would like confirmation.

If it does use Steamworks, Steam will be a requirement for everyone who buys the game.

@Woodsyblue said:
    Anyway, If it's singleplayer simple poker game then achievements and leatherboards aren't really needed here...

A lot of simple singleplayer games have achievements and leaderboards.

• Some sources suggest that this is the first Telltale title that uses Steamworks, and that's just plain wrong. The Devil's Playhouse uses Steamworks, and that simply means that when you buy the game, you get both the Mac and the PC-version. You don't need Steamworks for that when you buy from TTG, because you can simply choose the file you need on your game list on this site. There's no reason to assume that it will be any different with Poker Night.

Of course, it's possible that there will be achievements, but the PC-versions of Telltale's games have never had them before, and I doubt that they'll start doing them now.

Add Comment