User Avatar Image

Game wishlist from a long time fan. Feedback please?

posted by Delorean55 on - last edited - Viewed by 651 users

Hey guys, I was excited to hear about TT making a new BTF game and heard they were paying attention to what was discussed on the forums so I thought I'd share a couple of ideas.

I'm a huge fan of the series and I'm really hoping that TT bring something fresh to the series that fits in with the storyline (we all hate movie games that don't make sense -_-)

Personally I think we all love Marty and Doc, but I think it would be stale if they still held the main focus - I would love to flesh out Doc's family (was really disappointed not to learn more) as I think it would be much more enjoyable to get to know his kids (possibly as the main characters? Time travelling family? :P).

As iconic as the Delorean is, the idea of a TRAIN is too cool to pass up. I believe the latest Zelda game proved that trains fit well in video games and I think this will be no exception. I would hate to be limited by tracks though (game will be severely damaged if there's no exploration involved). It's pretty far fetched but maybe integrating flying technology with the train could be a BTF styled new direction to go in? There's nobody sane who couldn't say flying around in a time train isn't fun :P

(For the old school fans, maybe have the Delorean as a skin replacement after you finish the game once?)

Finally I'd love to see lots of subtle references or throwbacks to the films that the hardcore fans will understand. I love when games/shows throw cheeky references that the normal person wouldn't bat an eyelid at (but PLEASE make them subtle, nothing makes me cringe more then when it's made to obvious).

Anyway this is just my wishlist, thankyou to anyone who spends there time reading and feedback is appreciated!

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Delorean55 said: Hey guys, I was excited to hear about TT making a new BTF game and heard they were paying attention to what was discussed on the forums so I thought I'd share a couple of ideas.

I'm a huge fan of the series and I'm really hoping that TT bring something fresh to the series that fits in with the storyline (we all hate movie games that don't make sense -_-)

Personally I think we all love Marty and Doc, but I think it would be stale if they still held the main focus - I would love to flesh out Doc's family (was really disappointed not to learn more) as I think it would be much more enjoyable to get to know his kids (possibly as the main characters? Time travelling family? :P).

As iconic as the Delorean is, the idea of a TRAIN is too cool to pass up. I believe the latest Zelda game proved that trains fit well in video games and I think this will be no exception. I would hate to be limited by tracks though (game will be severely damaged if there's no exploration involved). It's pretty far fetched but maybe integrating flying technology with the train could be a BTF styled new direction to go in? There's nobody sane who couldn't say flying around in a time train isn't fun :P

(For the old school fans, maybe have the Delorean as a skin replacement after you finish the game once?)

Anyway this is just my wishlist, thankyou to anyone who spends there time reading and feedback is appreciated!

I TOTALLY DISAGREE with u, i dont want clara, i dont want docs kids, i dont want the train...the 3rd movie of the BTTF saga is the worst one, predictable, lost the time travel focus, and gave us a stereotypical family for doc with no good character development and no personality, nothing exciting, nothing different, in fact my favorite part of the 3rd film is the end with needles in the 80s, and the beggining of the movie in the 50s, more focused on the whole story not just a western comedy, with predictable things to happen...romance, duel, so what??? it will be the same to put doc and marty, on middle ages fighting to free a princess...so what nothing original from there...

In fact thats why i think the animated series sucked, a focus on doc's kids? and goodie too shoes clara? no waayyy!

• If that is how you feel then why not just rewatch the movies? I understand what your saying and I'm sure there's some people who just want it to be Marty and Doc but TBH I think this game is a PERFECT chance for the series to get some new life and bring some more story to the true fans.

I'm not saying leave Marty out of the story completely, maybe just have him as a side character who gives quests? I just think this is too good a opportunity to add a few more layers into the BTTF story instead of just having the same old stuff we've all already seen.

Maybe if the story unfolded that Doc spliced some of Martys DNA into the kids (I know it sounds weird but we can leave the specifics to the story writers), that way the kids are pretty much new Martys so the old school fans are happy, and all the players like me are happy at seeing some fresh air into the series?

• I think Telltale would be perfectly capable of breathing fresh air into the franchise with Doc & Marty as the two main characters.

• I think Delorean55 should leave the same door he walked in. It's already been confirmed anyway that the game will revolve mainly around Doc & Marty anyway.

• Further more, I don't think they're in need of 'fresh air' per se. They hardly got stale - there's so much more we don't know about Doc/Marty in regards to their history, their family, their motives, how they met, etc etc that using them exactly as they were in BttF3 would be fine without delving into other characters' stories and history.

• I'm sure they could work on something but I personally feel it would be much more interesting for Marty (& Doc to a extent) to take a backseat and flesh out some new characters. The fact is we know very little about Docs kids, so they are a blank canvas for TT to work there magic and create some very likeable charactesrs.

With Doc and Marty, I mean how much more do you want to know? Who tought Marty how to skate? What color Doc's hair was in the past? I know what your saying, but when you think about it I think it would just be annoying if the game was just finding out every little detail of there lives (though I'll admit I'd love to see how they meet).

You also have to remember that TT are making this to hopefully make money (which I hope they do since it means higher chances of more BTF games). The train has already been proven that it can be successful in video games, and I think there's more a chance of sequels etc if Doc's kids took the stage at the very beginning (the "Video Game" perspective)

Anyway I understand that everyone opinion is different but personally I feel that the best of both worlds (the fans are happy and TT can make profit) should try to incorporate some of these ideas.

• @FIGULS said: I TOTALLY DISAGREE with u, i dont want clara, i dont want docs kids, i dont want the train...the 3rd movie of the BTTF saga is the worst one, predictable, lost the time travel focus, and gave us a stereotypical family for doc with no good character development and no personality, nothing exciting, nothing different, in fact my favorite part of the 3rd film is the end with needles in the 80s, and the beggining of the movie in the 50s, more focused on the whole story not just a western comedy, with predictable things to happen...romance, duel, so what??? it will be the same to put doc and marty, on middle ages fighting to free a princess...so what nothing original from there...

In fact thats why i think the animated series sucked, a focus on doc's kids? and goodie too shoes clara? no waayyy!

What can I say? That's a FULL TRUTH post, right there. You are correct on all the points you make about the 3rd movie, and the fact that the two main protagonists need to be Marty and Doc. This is going to be a game based on the movie trilogy, not some spinoff.

• @Delorean55 said:
    With Doc and Marty, I mean how much more do you want to know? Who tought Marty how to skate? What color Doc's hair was in the past? I know what your saying, but when you think about it I think it would just be annoying if the game was just finding out every little detail of there lives (though I'll admit I'd love to see how they meet).

I don't need to learn anything more about Doc and Marty, I want to see more/new adventures with them! This is likely the closest thing we'll ever see to a BttF4. I don't want Back to the Future - The New Class with characters I don't care about. Back to the Future isn't like LOST where we need to know the back-stories of characters and there are a ton of unanswered questions. It was never a mystery story.

Like everyone else, I have to completely disagree with everything you want out of this game. However, you're completely entitled to your opinion.

• 1. Part three sucked!

2. NO one wants a game about Doc's kids!

3. NO one wants a game where you can't use the Delorian!

Although I would like to use the flying Train at some point in the game! The flying train was the only cool part of Part 3!

• @Mr. Doctor. Professor said: 1. Part three sucked!

2. NO one wants a game about Doc's kids!

3. NO one wants a game where you can't use the Delorian!

Although I would like to use the flying Train at some point in the game! The flying train was the only cool part of Part 3!

That's a bit subjective. You think that you don't won't it that means everybody doesn't want it and people who do want it are no one.

Add Comment