User Avatar Image

So, anyone else surprised that TTG got beaten to the punch here?

posted by alexonfyre on - last edited - Viewed by 642 users

I don't know if any of you guys have played Blue Toad Mystery Files, but it is a funny, episodic puzzle based game with cartoonish characters that even look like they are from the TTEngine. Playing it, I am surprised it isn't by them, since it seems so much to me like the type of puzzle game TTG would make if they made one (much more so than Puzzle Agent.)
I liked Puzzle Agent quite a lot, but I think that anyone who likes TTG and also puzzle games needs to play Blue Toad, though it is PS3 exclusive.

Is anyone else surprised that TTG didn't do it first?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Also, when I get a 360 game I don't have to sit through a fifteen minute install process. Which prevents my impatience from breaking consoles.

• @HumpsMcLovin said: Also: name one thing the 360 has that the PS3 doesn't? Exclusives.

Trials HD, Alan Wake, Crackdown 1&2, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (which I just got done with and was great), Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Fable II (soon Fable III), the GTA Expansions until TFLC came out, Gears of War, Halo, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Geometry Wars.

Resistance 1, 2 and 3, Killzone 2 and 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Heavenly Sword, 3 Ratchet and Clank games, Heavy Rain, Infamous 1 and 2, SOCOM 4, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Echochrome 1 and 2, Demon's Souls...

Not to mention that more than half of the games you listed have PC versions also whereas almost none of the games I listed have any other version whatsoever, excluding a couple that have PSP versions.

Saying PS3 doesn't have any exclusives worth playing compared to 360 is an outright lie.

• If I wanted to play games on a PC, I would get a PC, not a console. I'm talking exclusively to console here. And out of those exclusives you mentioned, the only ones that stand out to me are Uncharted and MGS. I've played all the others at my brother's house and they weren't worth paying for the system. I'm not saying the PS3 isn't a fine system, I'm not saying it doesn't have any exclusives, I'm just saying that I think the 360 has more exclusives and generally higher-quality exclusives than the PS3. And besides, if we were judging these systems by exclusives, then we'd have to consider the Wii as the best of the gen by far.

Also, I have one question. What's the difference in buying 1600 Microsoft points ($20) at a store and a $20 PSN card at a store? In order to use them all, you have to use the exact amounts. Basically what I'm saying is that for a customer without a credit card, PSN money works exactly like Microsoft Points.

• @HumpsMcLovin said: Also, I have one question. What's the difference in buying 1600 Microsoft points ($20) at a store and a $20 PSN card at a store? In order to use them all, you have to use the exact amounts. Basically what I'm saying is that for a customer without a credit card, PSN money works exactly like Microsoft Points.

I don't think that was the argument. At least the option is there for PSN users to buy the precise amount they want. I only have a 360 and PC(sold the Wii recently thank god), so when there's a 560 point DLC that I want, I have to buy a stupid 800 point card no matter what. Then you have leftover cash you didn't want to spend that's stuck in disney dollar form that you can either hold onto for a while or waste on completely stupid crap like avatar clothing.

This thread also reminded me I need to stock up on two year long subscription cards because of the damn price increase.

Now if I actually had a PS3 I'm sure I'd have plenty to complain about there as well, but at the end of the day it seems to always come down to the fact that PSN does work, and it's completely free. And that's appealing to a consumer like me, because whenever I think about this, it's like having 6+ extra arcade games to play for a year...but no, it has to go towards just being able to play online. And it's still peer 2 peer gaming online, no servers. So paying a fee just to support the content servers while not getting any actual GAME servers is not sexy my friends. Not sexy at all.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Resistance 1, 2 and 3, Killzone 2 and 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Heavenly Sword, 3 Ratchet and Clank games, Heavy Rain, Infamous 1 and 2, SOCOM 4, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Echochrome 1 and 2, Demon's Souls...

Not to mention that more than half of the games you listed have PC versions also whereas almost none of the games I listed have any other version whatsoever, excluding a couple that have PSP versions.

Saying PS3 doesn't have any exclusives worth playing compared to 360 is an outright lie.

Plus Atlus announced Persona 5 will be PS3 only.

• I dunno. Basically what I'm saying about the PSN is that for one thing, when you buy a 19.99 PSN card (a physical card), you can get 19.99 worth of stuff. If, however, you want to buy two 9.99 games or a 9.99 game and a 4.99 game, then you have .01 left over. So unless you buy a 19.99 item, EVERY time someone buys a 19.99 card, Sony gets that extra penny that won't be spent. I bet if you totalled that up, that number would come pretty close to the amount of Microsoft banana dollars that are just rotting somewhere. Probably not as much, but pretty close. It seems a much stealthier way of being evil, but still being evil, nonetheless.

Unless of course I'm wrong about the PSN pricing scheme. In that case, whoops. :P

• @HumpsMcLovin said: I dunno. Basically what I'm saying about the PSN is that for one thing, when you buy a 19.99 PSN card (a physical card), you can get 19.99 worth of stuff. If, however, you want to buy two 9.99 games or a 9.99 game and a 4.99 game, then you have .01 left over. So unless you buy a 19.99 item, EVERY time someone buys a 19.99 card, Sony gets that extra penny that won't be spent. I bet if you totalled that up, that number would come pretty close to the amount of Microsoft banana dollars that are just rotting somewhere. Probably not as much, but pretty close. It seems a much stealthier way of being evil, but still being evil, nonetheless.

Unless of course I'm wrong about the PSN pricing scheme. In that case, whoops. :P

If you use a credit card on PSN, it deducts exactly the amount you need for whatever you're purchasing, whereas you are REQUIRED to buy in pre-determined chunks on XBL.

• @jweir said: I'll never see that game as long as it's PS3 exclusive as I refuse to buy a PS3. Sony has their hands right in their customer's wallets and doesn't let go. The console is more than other consoles, the games are more than other games, and considering the economy, I'm surprised they can stay in business. Alas, I'm digressing, no I haven't and probably never will play this game.

I agree, xbox 360 rules! I really hate it when the PS3 gets exclusive content because I love my games and I want to enjoy everything a game offers, but when the PS3 gets a whole new extra story(e.g. Mafia 2), it makes me annoyed.:mad: But who cares let them have their bonus content, they think that making exclusive content for games that are also released on the xbox and PC will get them more sells, but it doesn't work!

• I was not very impressed by Blue toad...whereas playing telltale games on the ps3 is great. Very nice HD for Sam and Max (don't think I noticed much of a difference on Monkey island - still to try the remakes) :)

I don't know if puzzle agent should ever make a similar sort of transfer though...

• @samandmaxfan said: I agree, xbox 360 rules! I really hate it when the PS3 gets exclusive content because I love my games and I want to enjoy everything a game offers, but when the PS3 gets a whole new extra story(e.g. Mafia 2), it makes me annoyed.:mad: But who cares let them have their bonus content, they think that making exclusive content for games that are also released on the xbox and PC will get them more sells, but it doesn't work!

Actually it does. And a reason behind is because if they did that on the 360 MS would force them to charge for the DLC or charge them out the ass to make it free. That's why TF2 isn't allowed to be updated on the 360.
    So it's win win for developers and Sony. Boost sales for the PS3 version and the game gets more sales since there's free content to come along with it.

Add Comment