User Avatar Image

I really hate Elaine in the ending sequence (SPOILER)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

She always has a plan????? What this plan was???
That's a bad screenplay joke, Telltale....
It ruins all the plot. :(

I don't even think that anyone at Telltale knows what plan she has on... it's just an bad excuse to create some suprise, but it totally fails....

If this is the help that Ron gave you about Elaine's role (as you said in an early interview)... better leave him home next time.

Another enigma to solve in the Monkey Island universe.... I'm getting bored with these tricks.

Being propositive: change the latest lines of the game and re-release an updated version, with longer and corrected ending sequence.

Bye!

133 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Debbie82 said: Actually, Elaine's voice and subtitle say, "Look, I let you capture me and I played along with your stupid 'nice guy' act because I thought that it would get Guybrush to realize that the Voodoo Lady is--" [her voice ends with "the Voodoo Lady is--"]

we will never know what she is!!!

• The Voodoo Lady is LeChuck's mother. And Guybrush's father. Guybrush and LeChuck are tank-bred, with the main purpose of being adversaries.

• @petethepanda said: I thought it was pretty obvious that she was just referring to becoming the demon bride to ultimately help Guybrush defeat LeChuck. Before she agreed to it you hear her go "hmm.." or something when LeChuck said mortals couldn't handle the sword.

I knew she only chose lechuck so he would turn her into a demon, so she could get her hand on the cutlass in order to kill lechuck. I never understood tho why guybrush never realized that at the time, it was pretty obvious to me.

• @russell19831983 said: I knew she only chose lechuck so he would turn her into a demon, so she could get her hand on the cutlass in order to kill lechuck. I never understood tho why guybrush never realized that at the time, it was pretty obvious to me.

Elaine had me wondering when you kept trying to return to the land of the living and kept killing you with root beer. I thought she was up to something when she said "Yessss" in that voice, but it was wasn't clear what and I was confused how she could know how being undead worked.

• When she's a Demon Bride and blasting you with that voodoo root beer, it's pretty obvious she's not all there.

Honestly, I don't think she entirely knows how being undead works. I mean, LeChuck has come back often enough that she's probably very aware that one can come back, but probably not the specifics.

• @russell19831983 said: I knew she only chose lechuck so he would turn her into a demon, so she could get her hand on the cutlass in order to kill lechuck. I never understood tho why guybrush never realized that at the time, it was pretty obvious to me.

well a lot was happening and she did zap him 2 and after the morgan pep talk I think he relised

• @Sailorcuteness said: well a lot was happening and she did zap him 2 and after the morgan pep talk I think he realised

he never realised till elaine told him at the end, but at least it gave him a reason to fight lechuck, to save elaine, plus the talk he gave before morgan began talking to him was sad, also its my favourite episode of the series despite all the walking to get your body back and keep it.

• @russell19831983 said: he never realised till elaine told him at the end, but at least it gave him a reason to fight lechuck, to save elaine, plus the talk he gave before morgan began talking to him was sad, also its my favourite episode of the series despite all the walking to get your body back and keep it.

its my fav episode 2

• @Chyron8472 said: [...] (Kind of like Ron Gilbert saying that he wanted to make MI3 but never did, and things worked out for the MI series anyway.)
    [...]
    As far as Ron Gilbert is concerned, props to the man who created Monkey Island but I believe that though he claims to have had an MI3 game in mind, he never even started creating it. Not to mention that the end of MI2 was full of the weirdness factor that would befit Sam & Max. I personally think that he was just saying that he was planning on making an MI3 himself, just to give himself a bit of props, though the end of MI2 is bizarre and random enough to suggest he never even considered it. Besides, I love Curse. For ages, it was my favorite game (though TMI gives it a run for it's money.)

You never let a chance for a little MI2/Ron Gilbert bashing slip past you, do you? ;)

Speaking of going completely off topic, do you work as a Chyron operator?

• You're half right. The ending to Monkey 2 may be slightly weird, but it's not full of the weirdness factor. I was able to make perfect sense of it.

Add Comment