User Avatar Image

Season 3 Case File

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 386 users

I have to admit, I am slightly disappointed that Season 3 didn't get its own collector's case file like previous seasons.

For those who came in late, Seasons 1 & 2 of Sam & Max had case files that you could order with them - little envelopes filled with trinkets from the cases in the series. Unfortunately, my Season 1 case file got lost in a move so I don't remember all the items (except the incredibly awesome Max For President campaign pin that I managed to save and still cherish to this day). The Season 2 file had a mini-CD of the Friendly Demon Song, a coaster from the Easter Island Tiki Bar, a mailer advertisement for the Zombie Factory, a punch card from the time traveling elevator and token for the Soul Train.

So if they had made a case file for Season 3, what would you have wanted to see in it?

Rules: The case file has one item for each episode. Items have to be small enough to fit in an envelope that goes inside a dvd case. Items are cheap, flat, usually printable materials.

My picks:

Oversized mind-reading playing cards
OR a takeout menu for Meesta Pizza
OR the antique postcard
OR a clipping of the "Sam & Max Save the City" newspaper

A ticket stub from the Disorient Express, or one of Papierwaite's shows.
OR one of the hieroglyphic newspaper comics
OR a copy of Nefertiti's love letter to Jurgen

A brochure on the exhibits of the Museum of Unnatural History

A menu from Stinky's Diner
OR a business card from Flint Paper

A reversible desk sign that has "Narrator" on one side and "Super Ego" on the other

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just was a catalogue of the Toys of Power- ones seen in the game and ones Telltale decides to make up to add depth. There are supposed to be hundreds but I wouldn't expect THAT many.

Otherwise...

301: Prisoner's Badge
    302: Charlie Ho-Tep
    303: Sammun'Mak badges
    304: Scroll of the Cthonic Destroyer's history
    305: Astral Projector memory slides (of memorable scenes of the season)

• I already posted this in the top-secret section, but here it goes again:

301: Penal Zone Badge
    302: Disorient Express Ticket
    303: Tour guide of the museum
    304: Small Max doll!
    305: Max's Inuit Coming of age CD (like the "Friendly Demon Song" of #2)

• Eh, what happened with the Season Case File? Wouldn't be one this time? I'm kind of dissapointed... I wanna have something to put inside the Season DVD...

What size are those episode posters? Can I put them inside the DVD case?

• Why do we need ANOTHER thread about what we want to see in the case file? Also, because the DVD came out so early, Telltale may possibly still be deciding on what to put in a case file, ie. give it some time

• 301:Prisoner Badge
    302:Hieroglyph newspaper
    303:Random Sammun-Mak acessory (Collect them all for a feeling of wasted money!)
    304:Cthonic Destroyer Manuscript
    305:Random piece of the Cthonic destroyer (Arm, leg, torso or head, collect all the pieces to put together your own Cthonic Destroyer!)

• @The Highway said: Why do we need ANOTHER thread about what we want to see in the case file? Also, because the DVD came out so early, Telltale may possibly still be deciding on what to put in a case file, ie. give it some time

They may take all the time they want to decide what they want to put in the case file. But I also would like to know from telltale games IF there will ever be a case file for season 3. The postage for packages to germany is pretty expensive and so I want to order the DVD and the case file together in one order. I don't want to place one order now for the DVD and one order later for the case file and so have to pay double for the postage.

So could please somebody from telltale games confirm if there will be a case file for season 3. I don't want to know what's in the case file or when it will be available in the shop but only if there will be a case file for season 3.

Thanks in advance.

• @indiana_helge said: So could please somebody from telltale games confirm if there will be a case file for season 3. I don't want to know what's in the case file or when it will be available in the shop but only if there will be a case file for season 3.

+1.

• Would we even get a Case File? Might just be over thinking this, but Season 3 never really had any cases, it was just A day and night of bad events (Episodes 1 - 4) and then a finale, they were never really given a case at all this season!

• Would we even get a Case File? Might just be over thinking this, but Season 3 never really had any cases, it was just A day and night of bad events (Episodes 1 - 4) and then a finale, they were never really given a case at all this season!

Add Comment