User Avatar Image

The Incredible Puzzle Thread

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Hi,

This is a thread to discuss some of your other favorite puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, armchair treasure hunts, etc.

To get started, here's an online puzzle hunt I've participated in before: Puzzlecrack. It's a week-long competition with clues given through the web page. Past competitions (and solutions) are still there for you to figure out.

Another similar one is Microsoft's College Puzzle Challenge.

Any other favorites?

-Klatuu

598 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • (0!+0!+0!+0!)!=24

The first page of this thread had some links to some puzzle sites, like Conceptis, so I thought I'd add my own, for no reason at all.

A Cleverly-Titled Logic Puzzle Blog!

. . . Yeah. Carry on, then.

• So Does anyone remember "The Fool’s Errand" well if you do and liked it, be happy for the long awaited Sequel http://thefoolandhismoney.com/ over 6 years in the making and I've had on Pre-order for over 3 years - here's hoping he makes his October release date :rolleyes:

• There's a word that's pluralised by adding an A to the start. What is it?

• @Angel Gamer said: Am I the only one getting a Twin Peaks vibe off all this? FBI agent has to go to a small town with an odd mystery. Talks into a tape recorded very often. Local diner. Obsession with gum (I would link this to Coopers obsession with coffee).

Anyone else notice this? any more similarities?

Angel Gamer's thread reminded me of another TV show that was on years ago called Push, Nevada. If you can look past the involvement of Ben Affleck, it was cool in that each episode, there was a code word to find, with clues hidden throughout. There was also the opportunity to win a cash prize. Unfortunately, it was canceled after a few episodes, so the remaining clues were all given at once during a football game commercial break.

• Bamse: Yep, that's it.

Okay, how about this: a while back I worked on a construction site where there was a lot of employee theft. A friend of mine was implicated, and the security guards were told to keep an extra close eye on him. Every night he'd pass through the security checks with a wheelbarrow filled with discarded electrical wires, offcuts of scrap lumber and chunks of concrete. The guards checked the contents every day, but they never found anything of value. What was my friend stealing?

• @Alf Fly said: Bamse: Yep, that's it.

Okay, how about this: a while back I worked on a construction site where there was a lot of employee theft. A friend of mine was implicated, and the security guards were told to keep an extra close eye on him. Every night he'd pass through the security checks with a wheelbarrow filled with discarded electrical wires, offcuts of scrap lumber and chunks of concrete. The guards checked the contents every day, but they never found anything of value. What was my friend stealing?

The random items in the wheelbarrow/the wheelbarrow itself.

• RingmasterJ5: Yep, he was stealing wheelbarrows.

• Okay, I think it's about Dang Time I resurrected this thread.

A man makes a bet with his blind friend. He says that he is going to give the blind man a glass with ice cubes in it. The bet is that the other man will leave the room and will try to sneak back into the room to fill his glass with ginger ale. If the blind man hears the slightest noise inside the room, he will send the other man back out into the hall. If the blind man can hold off his friend for an hour, then he will win the bet. If his friend can slip the blind man the ginger ale, he will win.

An hour passes and the clock strikes an hour. the blind man raises his glass and is surprised to find that after an hour of hearing nothing, his glass is somehow filled with ginger ale. His friend tells him to pay up, but the blind man refuses. "I know you cheated, and I know how," said the blind man.

How did the friend cheat?

Add Comment