User Avatar Image

I'm not sure if this a good idea for TTG!

posted by Mr. Doctor. Professor on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Telltale is really best at making adventure games! The Jurassic Park concept doesn't, for the most part, lend itself to adventure games! The best type of Jurassic Park game is one where you you get a bunch of different weapons and shoot at a bunch of cool looking dinosaurs! This isn't the type of game Telltale has made thus far and I'm not sure if they will start now! And Jurassic Park has, for the most part, no humor, so thats out! Unless your gonna spend you whole time running around looking for keys to open doors with dinosaurs chasing you or something, I don't really see what they can do with this!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sinaz20 said: Forgot about that-- but still, the sequence of events that we have to consider is that of the movies.

well it won't be so bad. the movies were still good too.

• JP's characters were interesting. Malcolm was in fact the most interesting in the first movie and the books. But, in the second movie Malcolm wasn't Malcolm anymore which i didn't like. But Grant has a well rounded character. He starts off in the movie hating kids and he is a work-coholic. At the end, his views change. he's hugging the children as they sleep. They really are great characters, and people who don't agree just don't quite listen to the message of the story, and how the characters contributed with it.

That is why i think a good story that matches JP's message would make an excellent game. Action and adventure are just the interactive part, but the rest should be a well rounded story.

• @Sinaz20 said: Forgot about that-- but still, the sequence of events that we have to consider is that of the movies.

IDW seems not to have such restrictions.

They killed some of the surviving characters in Redemption and one will most likely return from the dead.

I mean its pretty vague to determine who died anyway because many were killed off-screen to lower the shown violence in the movies.

• @Sinaz20 said: Don't forget, though-- that we are telling a new original story. So, though there may be great material in the books that could be mined, we don't really need that because we've developed our own original characters and storyline that fit within the canon of the films-- we've also been consulting with leading paleontologists for new scientific ideas to incorporate and add authenticity to the science part of our fiction.

We won't be adding feathers to raptors (because the film has already established otherwise, unfortunately) but some other interesting dino-science has come to light in the last couple decades that we think is pretty cool and hasn't been touched by either books or films.

Thanks for the info, it's fantastic to hear you are consulting with leading paleontologists.

JD, what do you think are the elements that made Jurassic Park a great franchise. Why was it so popular?

• @Sinaz20 said: We won't be adding feathers to raptors (because the film has already established otherwise, unfortunately) but some other interesting dino-science has come to light in the last couple decades that we think is pretty cool and hasn't been touched by either books or films.

Wait, didn't JPIII add feathers to some of its raptors? Or...at least little spiny things on their heads that looked like feathers.

raptor.jpg

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Wait, didn't JPIII add feathers to some of its raptors? Or...at least little spiny things on their heads that looked like feathers.

raptor.jpg

There actually is a reason for that in the films.

During the time frame of JP III The raptors grew the quills, and there body colors changed to attract mate.

So only when mating season come to the JP World will they have feathers.

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

@Icedhope said: There actually is a reason for that in the films.

During the time frame of JP III The raptors grew the quills, and there body colors changed to attract mate.

So only when mating season come to the JP World will they have feathers.

Yeah, but we aren't going to feather them up like chickens. It's just off license. [shrug]

• Do you remember the time when the Jurassic Park-franchise was trying to contain the most accurate and up-to-date depiction of dinosaurs?

Anyway:

2mpfkfn.jpg

*stares in the skies and whistles*

Add Comment