User Avatar Image

My comments on the Season One Bonus Disc

posted by The Duckmeister on - last edited - Viewed by 728 users

Totally awesome. It has all the commentary that the Summer of S&M will bring, plus all kinds of other crazy stuff.

My favorite of them all was the Blooper Reel. Absolutely hilarious, especially Max's lines, i.e.

"Oooh, this reminds me of that internet game where you look at shifty strangers and (gasp) have to decide when to breathe! *cough cough* "

Absolutely amazing. So far I've watched the Blooper Reel a total of 5 or 6 times.

The rest of the disc is great, too. The commentary on Bright Side of the Moon was awesome, although I didn't pay attention to most of the commentary because I was looking at the game.

The concept art movie WAS AWESOME!

It showed most of the prototype characters, and even some "deleted scenes" (sort of).

For example,

A shot of Sam & Max in Hugh Bliss uniforms (white suit, rainbow tie, white pants)!

A shot of Lincoln carrying the Desoto up to the moon!

And, it has some really cool music as well. For example, it has an extremely weird remix of The Office at the end of the BSOTM commentary.

Overall, I give the disc a 9/10. If you haven't ordered it yet, get it, and only pay $6 for the shipping. It's more than worth it.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @sumrnot said: And Jake, if you're reading, you can guess how far an argument of "common practice" flies. If that actually worked we'd still be playing pure text adventures instead of using them as retro humor.

Your snarkiness is unnecessary. I'd like the play experience to be as seamless as possible. We set out with the lancher to replicate a "TV show on DVD" style menu, and built as much into it as we could with the resources we had (which, for the record, was nothing but me, a few days, and a very simplistic autorun menu building tool). I have every intention of improving on it next time around, and I'm listening to everything people are writing here and taking it to heart for the next time I put together a Telltale compilation.

Thanks for your feedback.

• @Jake said: Your snarkiness is unnecessary.

No snark intended, just making a point about a flawed argument as succinctly as I could.

• @Emily said: This is true, but the game has a really annoying in-game save system that forces you to save, quit to the main menu, and then load the game you just saved. Any convenience provided by jumping right into the next case is negated by the inconvenience of this, IMO. :p

Ha! That save system is designed for handheld play: you save right before you have to turn off the system. It's not supposed to be used for "quicksaves" so you never lose any life :D

*Yes, I used it that way too. But I'm not gonna complain about it!

• Just back on the topic of the bonus disc for a couple of seconds, if no one minds of course, I would like to point out that I was very impressed by the quality of the commentaries that I have so far been able to listen to...I dont usually listen to commentaries on movies and stuff because I find alot of them to be very boring and stuff...

However, I found the commentaries on this disc very interesting...I suppose its more because I have friends and stuff in the graphic design industry and I have an idea of how hard everyone works on these kinds of projects...and I also just thought it was cool hearing about all the quirky things that happened too...plus the blooper reel was very funny as people have already mentioned...

Great job guys!

• [quote='-=[The_Razgriz_Ace]=-;38219']Just back on the topic of the bonus disc for a couple of seconds, if no one minds of course, I would like to point out that I was very impressed by the quality of the commentaries that I have so far been able to listen to...I dont usually listen to commentaries on movies and stuff because I find alot of them to be very boring and stuff...

However, I found the commentaries on this disc very interesting...I suppose its more because I have friends and stuff in the graphic design industry and I have an idea of how hard everyone works on these kinds of projects...and I also just thought it was cool hearing about all the quirky things that happened too...plus the blooper reel was very funny as people have already mentioned...

Great job guys![/quote]

I look forward to hearing the commentaries, as I held back watching them on the site.

If you like The Simpsons, you should check out the season DVD sets as they have interesting commentaries. :)

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: I look forward to hearing the commentaries, as I held back watching them on the site.

If you like The Simpsons, you should check out the season DVD sets as they have interesting commentaries. :)

some of the family guy ones are fairly good as well

• [quote=patters;38242]some of the family guy ones are fairly good as well[/quote]

Nah, I'm not a fan of Family Guy.

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: If you like The Simpsons, you should check out the season DVD sets as they have interesting commentaries. :)

Of course I've been listening too all the Futurama commentaries. Somehow it seems that fans of S&M are fans of Futurama aswell?

Marc

• [quote=barchetta;38251]Of course I've been listening too all the Futurama commentaries. Somehow it seems that fans of S&M are fans of Futurama aswell?

Marc[/quote]

Futurama is quite amusing, but I've never really watched it properly apart from the odd episode on Sky 3.

• Futurama has some of the very few commentaries I've actually made a point of listening to. Usually I skip over them, but Futurama's nerdy enough to be funny :)

Add Comment