User Avatar Image

Cheapest boss characters

posted by roberttitus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Every gamer under the sun has faced a boss characeter in a game that just fights so f***ing dirty that it sends them into a altered state of mind.... a state of mind know as gamer rage (see also: throwing controllers, shouting obscenities, biting the heads off of orphened baby chipmunks). What I want to know is what boss character (Mini-bosses count too) has sent you furthest down that path & what the craziest thing that a boss fight has made you do or say (censor it with *'s if it is super bad.... no need to corrupt the children).

117 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The two times I've been excessively frustrated by a game were sorta minor boss fights.

One was in Knights of the Old Republic II during this mission that only used three side characters to infiltrate this Sith tomb at the end of which waits two Sith masters and a Sith lord. Only one of the characters that I chose was a Jedi, and was a really sucky one at that (this was my first time playing). I spent nearly three hours running Atton (not a Jedi) around in circles taking potshots at the Sith masters and Sith lord until they died. Needless to say, incredibly frustrating.

Another was in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy in the third "act" of academy missions at the end of...another Sith tomb level. This one featured a fight with a double-bladed lightsaber Sith and two dual wielding lightsaber Sith. For some reason, the game kept on glitching like it does and the Sith kept on one-hit killing me. Then, after about an hour, I finally beat two of them and was searching around for the third when I discovered that another glitch had caused him to disappear. I could still hear the conniving bastard but I couldn't actually find him. I couldn't finish the level without killing all of them so, very angrily, I had to restart once again.

Now both of these mini-bosses are pretty easy for me, but those first times were absolutely awful. I did feel accomplished at the end and took very good care saving my game.

• I really hate the last two bosses in Sonic Adventure 2. When I finally got around to finishing it it (instead of just playing the stages to farm for Chao stuff) I had 99 lives, and by the time I beat the final boss I had maybe 15 left.

• Jinpachi Mishima from Tekken 5

Goddamn Fireball attack -______-

• @Captain Viku said: Jinpachi Mishima from Tekken 5

Goddamn Fireball attack -______-

That one was mine too... cheap ass bastard...

@Captain Viku said: Also, I remember being so frustrated with games when I was a kid that I'd bite the controller or try to snap it in half because I didn't want to throw it and risk breaking it... looking back, that just sounds weird. Anyone else ever do that?

Ever do that????

I STILL do that

• Doopliss from Paper Mario 2 and the 'Copy-current-partner' dojo master in the first paper mario.

• the champion of every elite four.

mind you, i've only ever gotten there by Legendaries and water pokemon

• @Remolay said: the champion of every elite four.

mind you, i've only ever gotten there by Legendaries and water pokemon

Beat all of the Gyms and Elite Four in HGSS with a Typhlosion and weak pokemon and a lot of max revives. Noob.

• Most of the bosses in Rayman 3 after the Red Lum Factory. That game was hard.

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

I don't remember the details of the the boss fight, but the fish boss of the water temple in Majora's Mask is the only Zelda boss I never actually managed to beat - had to get someone else to do it for me, and even they had to try like, 12 times, with 3 bottles of fairies each time. have only played through that game once.

• @StLouisRibs said: Beat all of the Gyms and Elite Four in HGSS with a Typhlosion and weak pokemon and a lot of max revives. Noob.

Original or bust, noob.

I'm playing Crystal

Add Comment