User Avatar Image

Cheapest boss characters

posted by roberttitus on - last edited - Viewed by 834 users

Every gamer under the sun has faced a boss characeter in a game that just fights so f***ing dirty that it sends them into a altered state of mind.... a state of mind know as gamer rage (see also: throwing controllers, shouting obscenities, biting the heads off of orphened baby chipmunks). What I want to know is what boss character (Mini-bosses count too) has sent you furthest down that path & what the craziest thing that a boss fight has made you do or say (censor it with *'s if it is super bad.... no need to corrupt the children).

117 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not tecnically a boss fight, but remember when you got to the end of one of the Streets of Rage game and the big boss asked you a question and if you answered it wrong he sent you back about 3 levels.

Tantrums were threw that faithful day in the Exodus household

• Motaro on SNES mortal kombat delfected all your projectiles back at you and teleported a lot! and like ass boss's took lil damage and gave loads!

• Xaldin. F---ing Xaldin. Easy, standard, and proud mode, the son of a bitch would OBLITERATE me on any level. I beaten KH2 several times over, so I decided to challenge myself on Proud mode, however as I was playing I realized that if Xaldin was a pain on standard mode, he would be a thousand times worst on Proud mode. I wasn't far off. I stopped playing for 3 years until recently. But still! Oh my god, cheapest fight ever.

And Puppet Ganon in his third form in Wind Waker. Wouldn't give me enough time to take the arrow out and even when I did render him unconscious, he snapped out of it 3 seconds later and proceeded to BULLDOZE me into a corner and just keep ramming into me until all my fairies were done and I had no magic and arrows left. Jerk.

• Hands down the hardest game I've ever played is "I wanna be the guy". You can download it for free (!) here: http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/
    I estimate you will die >5 times before managing to leave the first screen. The bosses in that are insane.

As for disproportionate boss, there was a game I played as a kid called lego racers, and the final character was rocket ronnie. He was a cheating little brat. He raced on his own track, in a car that was designed for that track, and faster than anything you had available (you win his car if you beat him, but then what's the point?). He was so fast that the only way to win was to cheat and take a shortcut, which he took, but only when you weren't nearby to watch what he was doing.
    I may have just found it hard cos of being a kid, but man, I spent ages on that stupid guy.

• @doodinthemood said: Hands down the hardest game I've ever played is "I wanna be the guy". You can download it for free (!) here: http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/
    I estimate you will die >5 times before managing to leave the first screen. The bosses in that are insane.

Well that took longer than I was expecting.

It is well known fact that any time you mention something being hard, somebody always either...

A. Makes a wang joke
    B. Mentions Kaizo
    C. Mentions IWBTG

• The cheapest boss that springs to mind is Seth from Street Fighter IV. That abdominal whirlwind move p*sses me off.

My least favourite boss? The Joker in Batman: Arkham Asylum. Great game, but a terrible boss, my least favourite example of the "lather, rinse, repeat" school of game bosses.

• Unlimited Hazama, Rachel, Hakumen, Nu, and Ragna in BlazBlue.

• @Alf Fly said: The cheapest boss that springs to mind is Seth from Street Fighter IV. That abdominal whirlwind move p*sses me off.

Must. Resist. Urge...crap, I couldn't.

Seth is pathetic and totally overrated, play an SNK game if you want to know what real cheapness is.

Sorry, every time Seth is mentioned in topics like this I can't help posting that >.>

• @SunnyGuy said: Must. Resist. Urge...crap, I couldn't.

Seth is pathetic and totally overrated, play an SNK game if you want to know what real cheapness is.

Sorry, every time Seth is mentioned in topics like this I can't help posting that >.>

Seriously. I can barely play SF and Seth is no problem.
    Hell in BB their bosses drain your health by being near them, and they get the health. Their special meter fills by the second, and fast. They can counter anything, including unstoppable chains, deal such massive damage that it's possible to 9 hit characters. Hell Nu's already cheap and her boss mode made her send out 3 times her normal attack with less delay. So you had 3 daggers flying at you, faster, and could spam more per second, and she's not the worst of them.
    As for KoF bosses, I don't know as I'm no where near good enough to get to a boss in KoF.

Add Comment