User Avatar Image

The Whispered World video stuttering

posted by Kemayo on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

During video playback in The Whispered World there's a great deal of audio stuttering, and by the end of the video the audio is all out of sync.

Anyone else experiencing this, or worked out a fix?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I bought this bundle mainly for TWW and the stuttering videos are really annoying. Hopefully something will be done about it, since clearly it's a widespread problem.

• I distrust pirated this and cracked that, and as such I'm not familiar with how to use these things. I'm a patient man. What I really need to hear is something from someone at Telltale saying, "We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix." So far the only info I've heard from Telltale is, "Go ask your mother (Daedalic)." and their website more or less says, "Go ask your father (Telltale)." and I'm not sure if there's anyone anywhere that's actually working on making this work for me.

To hear Daedalic tell it, the problem is with the DRM that was placed on the file. Everyone else who's taken pains to get rid of their DRM has confirmed that this seems to do the trick. I'm not one of those knee-jerk, "DRM!? EVIL!" types, but this seems to be a case where it's not doing us any good.

I'm not a complainer, and I'm staying loyal to Telltale to the end, but I'd like to know what's being done and when I can expect an improvement. I shouldn't have to pirate it, and I shouldn't have to buy a second copy from somewhere else. I bought it from you guys! I've installed all the latest drivers, and have tried all sorts of compatability settings. I was pretty much forced into the ultimate form of troubleshooting when my hard drive crashed a week ago. I lost everything and had to start from scratch. Everything else on my PC works. The Whispered World starts stuttering in the exact same spot, and my curser doesn't respond correctly once the game starts. I'm willing to wait, but tell me I'm waiting for something!

• Somone tell me why we need a second DRM, when the Adventure Bundle already requires you log in to TTG and confirm you purchased the game....................

TWW will not even run for me (hell it wont even uninstall!), I guess I'll be hunting down the crack too...

• Well, they haven't said anything about this problem at TTG. As I also say, people would fell much better with a simple: "We are working on it". The best of all is that when you read the blog they keep saying this has been a great success, we are great, they are having plenty of feedback, and they even posted that they respond to every inquiry ASAP... Yeah, right...

Extremely dissapointed, just as the day I bought it, two weeks ago!

• I too have the stuttering video problem. I really wish this were fixed.

• @Pak-Man said: I distrust pirated this and cracked that, and as such I'm not familiar with how to use these things.

To hear Daedalic tell it, the problem is with the DRM that was placed on the file. Everyone else who's taken pains to get rid of their DRM has confirmed that this seems to do the trick. I'm not one of those knee-jerk, "DRM!? EVIL!" types, but this seems to be a case where it's not doing us any good.

I shouldn't have to pirate it, and I shouldn't have to buy a second copy from somewhere else.

Just get it from a reputable site. There really ARE a few good, honest*, pirate sites (*honest in all ways except pirating that is)

DRM is pointless and should be relegated to, like TTG, requiring you to log in to your account. It's not gonna stop anyone that *really* wants to pirate a game.

Agreed. we bought it, we should EXPECT to have a working copy, even if we do have to jump through a few extra hoops it should still WORK.

@Pak-Man said: I too have the stuttering video problem. I really wish this were fixed.

look for the crack. Seems to solve the problem.

• Will someone please PM me the link to the crack and directions on what to do once I download it? I've never had to do this before. I bought my version from Adventure Shop and am having the same problem everyone's having who downloaded it from somewhere. I just paid $30 for this game. Seems like they should have fixed this issue by now, but I guess not.

TIA. =(

• TragicallyHip, if you receive the PM, please send it to me aswell ^^U

• Yeah, I give up. If anyone has this magical crack that makes the game work, PM me with the link and how to use it.

• I'm desperate for this link or instruction on what to do with the link above once downloaded please!!!

Add Comment