User Avatar Image

Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

posted by Tricky_bluefox on - last edited - Viewed by 28.9K users

I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

448 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StrongBrush1 said: Wouldn't Satan also want to release Sam X, too? Nitpicking aside, That sounds pretty cool.

I don't know, but it could be explained in an episode where Sam, Max and Max X try to bring Sam X back.

• @Gohaku said: :mad:THAT'S IT!!! I can't take it anymore!!! What's gonna happen next!!! I need to know!!! Do Sam and this Max get along? Maybe .....
    Are all who died REALLY DEAD? Why are there 2 endings??? WHAT DOES THAT FREAKIN BABY LOOK LIKE???
    Why does my mind feel so thoroughly F****D?!?!
    ?

I found out there were to ending because Jake (the director) and Chuck (the designer) had to diffrent view on an ending so they just implented both. I would doubt those who died are REALLY dead. For all we know they'll somehow come back. (I'm certain Sal is.) Just think positive. ;)

• Also while we're at it, Chuck said [paraphrased] Max has a hive mind and shares the same thoughts and feelings as any other instance of Max. We don't need to be concerned that "this Max" is different than the other.
    I don't think Telltale is going to spend a season trying to undo/redo the events of the past season. Although I can see a bit of dialogue in 401. Also I think many of the characters who died are popular enough to return (i.e. Sal, Stinky)

Max: "It's too bad I don't have any unexplainable physic powers to help with the case, Sam"
    Sam: "But didn't having those physic powers cause you to... you know...
    Max: "What is it Sam?"
    Sam: "Nevermind."

• @Nintendo Boy1 said: I found out there were to ending because Jake (the director) and Chuck (the designer) had to diffrent view on an ending so they just implented both. I would doubt those who died are REALLY dead. For all we know they'll somehow come back. (I'm certain Sal is.) Just think positive. ;)

@Nintendo Boy1 said: Also while we're at it, Chuck said [paraphrased] Max has a hive mind and shares the same thoughts and feelings as any other instance of Max. We don't need to be concerned that "this Max" is different than the other.
    I don't think Telltale is going to spend a season trying to undo/redo the events of the past season. Although I can see a bit of dialogue in 401. Also I think many of the characters who died are popular enough to return (i.e. Sal, Stinky)

Max: "It's too bad I don't have any unexplainable physic powers to help with the case, Sam"
    Sam: "But didn't having those physic powers cause you to... you know...
    Max: "What is it Sam?"
    Sam: "Nevermind."

Well I'm glad some people found my old dusty post worth replying to! Thanks! So Chuck's the designer, huh? I did not know that at the time, otherwise I would've taken that post more seriously! A hive mind... That's kind of a bland deus ex machina but unique.... Now I've gotta go in a different direction with my developing fanfic.

I still can't wait to see how the team is going to continue the series, though. Whatever they do, I'm sure it's going to be most excellent.

• Also, this whole hive mind business should be addressed in the series at some point! Seriously!
    That 305 ending nearly scarred me for life.:D

• Well I think season 4 would be a good time to bring back Sam & Max's "arch-nemesis" Mack Salmon but since the games Telltale makes now seem to be slowly getting more darker and edgier (not that it's a bad thing) things might not be as simple as usual for Sam & Max to get away from him. I'd say more but my imagination is dead sleeping right now.

• I had some ideas in my head for a fourth season. It basically starts off with Sam and Max saving the city from a brand new villain (who then turns out to be the villain of episode 3) and then it turns out they are famous.

New characters include a reporter following them, an obsessive Max stalker, an evil rich nemesis, a mad scientist who lives between dimensions and a girl who is looking for her father.

Episode 1 revolves around some paradoxes that are appearing across the city as the result of meddling. Sam and Max spend the two episodes searching for the cause behind these and some other shady plots involving the reporter as the villian of the first episode.

At the end of episode 2, an apocalypse occurs as a result of Grandpa Stinky's actions and the whole city is destroyed. Sam and Max meet the scientist guy and spend Episode 3 putting it right, discovering that the first villain is behind it.

In Episode 4, everything is back to normal before the apocalypse and Sam and Max must confront a returning villain in the form of a vengeful General Skun-ka'pe. The episode ends as Max's stalker finally blackmails him into marrying her, creating a union of pure evil.

Episode 5 involves Sam attempting to break up the wedding before it can occur but fails - resulting in a scene where he breaks into the church to stop it when they are interrupted by Papierwaite.

Papierwaite blames Sameth and Maximus for all the bad things that have happened to him, and with Norrington finally gone and Max busy, he has won the election and is president. Papierwaite sends Sam and Max to the dark dimension as he prepares to destroy the planet and escape on Skun-ka'pe's ship.

There, they must make their way back as the mad scientist is revealed to be the girl's father, General Skun-ka'pe discovers he has a son on his home planet, the evil rival perishes and Sal and Stinky meet again in a parallel universe. Finally, with help from Satan, they return and stop Papierwaite.

At the last moment, Papierwaite is backstabbed by none other than the original Max who plans to destroy the world anyway, bitter at being replaced. At the last moment, the Sam from the alternate timeline shows up and leaves with him, solving the paradox and sealing the dimensions.

Thus, all the loose ends are tied up. Papierwaite is put in the dark dimension with Norrington again, much to both of their dismay and locked there for eternity.

But that's just all my ideas...

• I'm kind of seeing Season 4 (or at least an episode of it) revolving around Sam and Max in the time machine, picking up past versions of themselves (comics, cartoon, Hit the Road, etc,..) to fight some new villain that they can't take down on their own.

• Season 2 ended kind of ominously with Satan hinting that he'd be a future problem for Sam and Max, but then it simply was forgotten.

I'm perfectly happy with either mundane or epic shenanigans, but since we're throwing out ideas:

Chuckles is vicepresident now, and he's evil, and planning to kill Superball so he can become president.

Aditionally, Momma Bosco falls for Superball, and they have a baby that will look like the Alternate Bosco in Chariots of the Dogs (the one that had Superball as a daddy)

... I think I squicked myself.

• Just clearing up the Satan thing.

SATAN is the Devil - when he says he'll be seeing them soon, it's because they'll die within the next hundred years or so. :rolleyes:

Add Comment