mario and sonic? :confused:

posted by pepsiboy3 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

dear TELLTALE GAMES!!!

WHAT ABOUT MARIO AND SONIC :mad: BEACUSE THEY AWSOME

PS: sorry i have to shout with caps :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Falanca said: No.

^This.

But, if you want the full explanation, Mario and Sonic would make an AWFUL adventure game, for too many reasons to count. Here's some:

Mario doesn't talk.
    Nintendo would never license their characters out to a company like Telltale(no offence, TTG).
    The game would alienate all of M&S's younger players/preteen Sonic players.
    Telltale couldn't release this game to anything but Wii/DS.
    A Sonic adventure game(not the Sonic Adventure game) would be just plain awful, mostly because of the current Sonic's voice and "tude".
    TTG would be forced to add platforming elements into the game.
    Both series do not have good enough plots for adventure games.

Also, shouldn't this be moved into General Chat?

• @RingmasterJ5 said: But, if you want the full explanation, Mario and Sonic would make an AWFUL adventure game, for too many reasons to count.

I don't think the question was about a Mario or Sonic adventure game, but rather about Mario or Sonic appearing in Poker Night, amidst the other crossover characters.

That said, I actually think a Mario adventure COULD work...after all, there have been several pretty successful Mario RPGs...

• @doggans said: I don't think the question was about a Mario or Sonic adventure game, but rather about Mario or Sonic appearing in Poker Night, amidst the other crossover characters.

That said, I actually think a Mario adventure COULD work...after all, there have been several pretty successful Mario RPGs...

But, Mario has never talked in the games.

• There have been a handful of very great adventure games, in various subgenres, which feature silent protagonists. And really it's only been the various Mario RPG games which strictly follow the "Mario doesn't talk" trope. Mario said several full sentences in both Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, although I shudder to think of how annoying it'd be to hear him talking constantly in that voice though a full Telltale-style adventure.

In short, I think a Mario-based point-and-click game could work, in theory, but I also think that this is the worst thread ever

• @RingmasterJ5 said: But, Mario has never talked in the games.

Nonsense.

• @RingmasterJ5 said: But, Mario's lines in the games had no importance whatsoever except for reminding us that he's Italian.

Fixed.

• @jp-30 said: Nonsense.

I meant apart from a small sound clip now and then.

@jp-30 said: Fixed.

True.

• @pepsiboy3 said: dear TELLTALE GAMES!!!

WHAT ABOUT MARIO AND SONIC :mad: BEACUSE THEY AWSOME

PS: sorry i have to shout with caps :(

Mario doesn't have enough personality. Sonic I'm not as familiar with, but I don't think he does either.

Add Comment