User Avatar Image

mario and sonic? :confused:

posted by pepsiboy3 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

dear TELLTALE GAMES!!!

WHAT ABOUT MARIO AND SONIC :mad: BEACUSE THEY AWSOME

PS: sorry i have to shout with caps :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RingmasterJ5 said:
    A Sonic adventure game(not the Sonic Adventure game) would be just plain awful, mostly because of the current Sonic's voice and "tude".
    TTG would be forced to add platforming elements into the game.
    Both series do not have good enough plots for adventure games.

I dissagree on the plot point. ESPECIALLY StH if you follow the older Cannon (SatAM/pre-50 Archie Commics) plenty of plot that could be explored and no need for platformer elements. Tho I think the main char would have to be Sally or Tails... I do agree Sonic's attatude doesnt really fit the role of main char in this kinda game.

Likewise I think a Mario PnC adventure woudl be possible from a plot perspective, after all, look at the Mario RPG and Paper Mario series'

Moot point tho, your right on all the other points.

@RingmasterJ5 said: I don't think the question was about a Mario or Sonic adventure game, but rather about Mario or Sonic appearing in Poker Night, amidst the other crossover characters.

Other than Licensing issues and such, I really don't see why it would be a problem from the plot perspective...

but why stop there, lets throw in Dante (Devil may Cry) and Samus (Metroid) and Link (legend of Zelda) hell while we're at it, lets put Ratchet and Clank in there along with Chrono (ChronoTrigger) and maybe even Master Chef (Halo) and Spyro the dragon! (anyone else see how this is geting sillier and sillier?)

@RingmasterJ5 said: But, Mario has never talked in the games.

I see this as a point FOR having him in a poker game, makes him all the better player ;) lol

• @Ashton said: and maybe even Master Chef (Halo)

I think that Master Chief could be a very good poker player. For one thing, he has an excellent poker face. At least, as long as he keeps his helmet on...

• @Ashton said: Master Chef

I'd play a game with that character. :)

• Hmm... perhaps Telltale could turn "The Super Mario Bros Super Show" into an adventure game?

[Tumbleweed slowly passes]

So, that's a "no", then?

• I'm going to have to stick with a 'no' in this case. Certain characters just aren't meant for the adventure gaming world. Mario and Sonic are perfect examples of such a thing.

• @Ashton said: Master Chef

@Ashton said: I'd play a game with that character. :)

Er.. yeah.. um...

Haven't you all heard about the new game from Bungie "Halo's Kitchen"? (ROTFLOL!)

• @jeeno0142 said: I'm going to have to stick with a 'no' in this case. Certain characters just aren't meant for the adventure gaming world. Mario and Sonic are perfect examples of such a thing.

Expect this is not an adventure game.

• it is said in an ancient prophecy that if mario and sonic appear in any ttg game, the world would end from just glimpsing the title screen. seriously, its a bad idea.

• @Clord said: Expect this is not an adventure game.

I'm not sure why, but I thought this was in general chat. :confused: I've been wondering why I haven't been able to find this thread again until now. I shall hereby change my response to:

Nah. Mario and Sonic aren't suited to Poker. Strong Bad likes to be badass, Max is psychotic, and I don't know much about Tycho and the Heavy, but from what I seen and heard they wouldn't look out of place at a poker table.

Mario and Sonic, however, I just don't see. I could just about imagine it better if Wario and Dr.Eggman had been suggested, but even then I would say no, quite simply because I'm not fans of them.:p

Add Comment