User Avatar Image

The Voice Actor Discussion Thread

posted by xChri5x on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

Hopefully they can get a hold of the original cast like they did with Ghostbusters. I'm not sure about Michael J Fox, but I'm pretty sure Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson would be fairly easy to get on board.

411 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Mcfly88 is right, I really don't think he should do this voice for Marty in the game either.

    As unfortunate as it is, I just think his voice has changed too much because of the disease and the natural effects of age that 25 years has on a person. I think the game will be better off getting someone who can do a great Marty / MJF circa 1985 impression.

    That said, it would still be nice to see Michael J Fox involved in with the game, if even in a very small role. Perhaps a short 1 minute video introduction with some of the games proceeds going to the Fox Foundation.

  • It seems like it's getting harder for him to talk pertinent.
    Like his jaws are kinda glued together or his cheeks lost elasticity or something.
    I'm glad he's optimistic though, and he's still looking good.

  • @Joop said: It seems like it's getting harder for him to talk pertinent.
    Like his jaws are kinda glued together or his cheeks lost elasticity or something.
    I'm glad he's optimistic though, and he's still looking good.

    Looking good? He looks great! For a person who had that disease for almost 20 years, he looks really great!

    Hats off to him!

  • I'd like to see him involved in some way but if he can't be then I understand. I'd still really like to see him be involved in a short scene of the future or something.

    But most people would be so cruel and judgmental of his part, they'd say rude and nasty things about him. It's not worth subjecting him to that.

  • @doodo! said: But most people would be so cruel and judgmental of his part, they'd say rude and nasty things about him. It's not worth subjecting him to that.

    What? People who would buy BTTF games would so NOT be that.

  • @doodo! said: I'd like to see him involved in some way but if he can't be then I understand. I'd still really like to see him be involved in a short scene of the future or something.

    But most people would be so cruel and judgmental of his part, they'd say rude and nasty things about him. It's not worth subjecting him to that.

    Who's saying rude and nasty things about Michael J. Fox?
    They've got some guts, he seems like a really nice guy.
    I did read those messages on IMDB where they say that he's the next big hollywood death, I think that's so rude...
    It seems like people on the internet are so inconsiderate to other people's feelings... :(

  • Some people are just mean and cruel. I've seen it and I don't want to believe in it but it's true for many people out there.

  • I just read that Michael J Fox is going to be on The Good Wife. Surely if he can act on camera he can do voice over for the game. And besides, he's still been acting and voice acting. What reason could he have to not do the voice of MARTY MCFLY! Hopefully new treatments and medication will allow him to keep on doing what he's great at.

  • @ADAMATION said: I just read that Michael J Fox is going to be on The Good Wife. Surely if he can act on camera he can do voice over for the game. And besides, he's still been acting and voice acting. What reason could he have to not do the voice of MARTY MCFLY! Hopefully new treatments and medication will allow him to keep on doing what he's great at.

    The last time he did any voice acting was in 2005. Once. Before that it was 2002. Once. Before that 2001.

    Don't believe me? See for yourself.

    The role of Marty McFly in this game isn't as simple as a few on-screen appearances, which requires much fewer lines. A video game script can typically call for hundreds if not thousands of lines, especially for the lead character. I would love to see Michael J. Fox play the role, but it is a big commitment to play the role of a lead character in a video game, especially for someone with Parkinsons. MJF is not as much of a voice actor anymore as his Wikipedia page would make it sound. :(

Add Comment