22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @seibert999 said: that was stupid of them to do that.

Have you read the rest of this thread? KQ8 is the worst of the series.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

@RingmasterJ5 said: Have you read the rest of this thread? KQ8 is the worst of the series.

i read the rest

• @der_ketzer said: Who would want to buy this game?
    Edit: So they pack 1-3 in one package for 10$, 4-6 in another one for another 10$ and then they team up the actually good KQ7 with the piece of horse**** that is KQ8. for another 10$.

That is 30$ for all the games in the KQ-collection that is 20$ on steam or even only 10€ in the european Steam-store. No thanks.

The GOG.com versions come without DRM. Not everyone finds that to be a worth-while consideration, but many people do.

• KQ8 is a completely different game than the rest of the series. I wouldn't even classify it as an adventure game. And it is the worst in the series, KQ is an OK game to make an action-RPG out of, but Sierra just did a really poor job of it.

If you want RPG then I recommend Elder Scrolls or Gothic.

• @caeska said: If you want RPG then I recommend Elder Scrolls or Gothic.

Not heard of Gothic, got a link?

• @figmentPez said: The GOG.com versions come without DRM. Not everyone finds that to be a worth-while consideration, but many people do.

who cares. You can play all the games in the other collection any time without DRM in ScummVM

• @Ashton said: Not heard of Gothic, got a link?

Gothic 2
    Gothic 3

I haven't played the first one, but 2 and 3 are on steam at least.
    I urge you to look at some playthrough clips on youtube though, and see if you like it.

• @caeska said: Gothic 2
    Gothic 3

I haven't played the first one, but 2 and 3 are on steam at least.
    I urge you to look at some playthrough clips on youtube though, and see if you like it.

whoa... that looks awesome. I'll definitely look into it, Thanks!

• please don't buy othic 3 though. The first 2 were masterpeces but Gothic 3 just looks nice.

• @der_ketzer said: please don't buy othic 3 though. The first 2 were masterpeces but Gothic 3 just looks nice.

This is the truth. Gothic 2 is probably one of the top-5 best pc RPGs ever made, in spite of brutal difficulty (once you install the expansion at least) and a poorly designed control scheme.

Gothic 3 is actually not so terrible, but only after you apply the community patch that makes it playable. It's still not as good as the first two though. I would skip it and play Risen instead if you enjoy Gothic 2.

On the topic of MOE, I am probably in a pretty small minority, but I actually enjoyed the game. You have to take it for what it is though, and it's not really an adventure game, nor is it a proper King's Quest game. Sadly it was made during the era of painfully ugly 3d graphics, so it has not aged well.

Add Comment