User Avatar Image

Cheapest boss characters

posted by roberttitus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Every gamer under the sun has faced a boss characeter in a game that just fights so f***ing dirty that it sends them into a altered state of mind.... a state of mind know as gamer rage (see also: throwing controllers, shouting obscenities, biting the heads off of orphened baby chipmunks). What I want to know is what boss character (Mini-bosses count too) has sent you furthest down that path & what the craziest thing that a boss fight has made you do or say (censor it with *'s if it is super bad.... no need to corrupt the children).

117 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sonic Adventure 2, the Biolizard. I actually paused in the middle of the fight to type this post. It's a boss fight that's easy in theory but a pain in the ass in practice.

What's particularly "cheap" about it is the second half of the fight, when instead of grinding up the tube on the side of his mouth, you have to homing attack up these bubbles that hang in the air until he fires them at you. The last two times I've died were because the bubble Shadow was locked onto started firing at me after I'd started the homing attack.

Edit: And as soon as I vent about it, I beat it instantly.

11 or 12 Years Old.

M.Bison.
    What a ****

• @Sammy said: I did!

It has the most annoying final boss in any FF games ever!. When you get to half of it's health, he will cast an extremely annoying instant death spell which has a 75% chance of killing your characters if they don't have any equipment and if that was your leader, then it's Game Over. Not to mention his strongest attack which will take 95% of your HP and reset it's stagger meter!

One thing I HATED about FFXIII was the 'leader dies=game over'. Otherwise the end boss is just persistence. Get to know what he's doing and its not too hard.(It is a little time consuming though.)

I know its not a boss, but the only thing I've raged over in a video game is the last level of Trials HD.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Sonic Adventure 2, the Biolizard. I actually paused in the middle of the fight to type this post. It's a boss fight that's easy in theory but a pain in the ass in practice.

What's particularly "cheap" about it is the second half of the fight, when instead of grinding up the tube on the side of his mouth, you have to homing attack up these bubbles that hang in the air until he fires them at you. The last two times I've died were because the bubble Shadow was locked onto started firing at me after I'd started the homing attack.

Edit: And as soon as I vent about it, I beat it instantly.

I found the grinding part to be annoying and the bubble part easy. I just hated how if you missed it counted bad for you and you lost rings

• The shadow stalker in Atelier Iris 3 that keeps cloning himself

• The boss of House of the Dead 3, and for 4.

• @adventureaddict said: One thing I HATED about FFXIII was the 'leader dies=game over'. Otherwise the end boss is just persistence. Get to know what he's doing and its not too hard.(It is a little time consuming though.)

I know its not a boss, but the only thing I've raged over in a video game is the last level of Trials HD.

Oh yes and THAT! When this first happened to me, I thought; WTF Snow and Sahz are still there! The unlimited magic balances that out, I guess. Then the doom clock spell negates that... I still question the fairness of this game.

• @tabstis said: Ooo, hard one. In the end, I think the prize has to go to the twisted and painful Sephiroth from KH2.

You must have made a typo.
    Sephiroth in KH1 is WAY harder.
    I have been playing KH1 for 4 years and i still havn't beaten him.
    Also KH2 I beat Sephiroth proud mode on my 62nd try!:rolleyes:

• Huh. I can't remember if I ever put myself through the pain of beating Sephiroth in KHI. I know I did it in KHII both times I played, since I collected all the Keyblades and completed the journal both times.

• Two of the hardest boss I've found (I haven't been able to defeat them without cheating) were the Dahaka from "Prince of Persia: Warrior Within" and the Vizier from "Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones"

Add Comment