User Avatar Image

Should Back to the Future Sequels be Done Back to Back?

posted by marty mc fly 2015 on - last edited - Viewed by 747 users

if there is to be any more sequels i think part 4 should be back to back with part 5 just like they did with parts 2 and 3 , it can be done and should be done !

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1981
    Temple of Doom - 1984
    The Last Crusade - 1989
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 2008

    Is this supposed to prove that filming movies with a long gap between them is equally detrimental to the film's quality? :p

  • there will never be any further part to the BTTF series at least in film. There are no two people on the planet that can replace Fox and Lloyd the three movies are classics and need to remain that way.

  • Yeah, a lot of movies that get sequels later, turn out pretty bad. The spirit seems to get lost over an extended period of time.

  • @pinkandblack said: there will never be any further part to the BTTF series at least in film. There are no two people on the planet that can replace Fox and Lloyd the three movies are classics and need to remain that way.

    I agree, I wouldn't want them to pull an "Episode One" screw up like Lucas did with Star Wars and that annoying Jar Jar Binks... I quite like my perfect trilogy the way it is.

  • @SHODANFreeman said: Is this supposed to prove that filming movies with a long gap between them is equally detrimental to the film's quality? :p

    No comment. :p

  • @SHODANFreeman said: Is this supposed to prove that filming movies with a long gap between them is equally detrimental to the film's quality? :p

    Nah:

    Lethal Weapon (1987)
    Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
    Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)
    Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)

    And even the 4th one is good. But, we'll see if this goes for a possible 5th one as well (if it happens... now that Gibson basically has to do it to save his career)

  • @Laserschwert said: Nah:

    Lethal Weapon (1987)
    Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
    Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)
    Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)

    And even the 4th one is good. But, we'll see if this goes for a possible 5th one as well (if it happens... now that Gibson basically has to do it to save his career)

    I found myself out of nowhere wondering if this may ever happen yesterday, probably because there's gonna be a Beverly Hills Cop IV.

  • Concerning back-to-back filming of a triology: Let's not forget "The Lord of the Rings" - probably one of the most extreme example of this.

    You can argue that, just like the book is one big novel which was divided into three parts, so is the movie - one big movie divided into three parts and not really a trilogy ;)

  • Twilight (2008)
    New Moon (2009)
    Eclipse (2010)
    Breaking Dawn pt 1 (2011)
    Breaking Dawn pt 2 (2012)

  • @guitarsareboring said: Twilight (2008)
    New Moon (2009)
    Eclipse (2010)
    Breaking Dawn pt 1 (2011)
    Breaking Dawn pt 2 (2012)

    Those movies are easy as hell to shoot though. The script is basically already written for them save for a few edits to make them work as a movie, so there's absolutely no idea creating. It's mostly all dialog and what little CG they have is TV-Grade at best. So it's pretty easy for them to pump that garbage out like water.

Add Comment