User Avatar Image

mario and sonic? :confused:

posted by pepsiboy3 on - last edited - Viewed by 954 users

dear TELLTALE GAMES!!!

WHAT ABOUT MARIO AND SONIC :mad: BEACUSE THEY AWSOME

PS: sorry i have to shout with caps :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Followup:

@koiboi59 said: in all, telltale couldn't make it because mario and sonic are just not the kind of characters for comedy games.

I just went back to read some of your earlier posts on this and I saw this. Okay Sonic hasn't been in any comedic games but Mario? Not suited for comedy? WHAT? WHAT? REALLY?

Have you never played any of the Mario RPGs? You don't even know what you're talking about and this proves it. I have to point out the fact that comedy exists frequently in Mario games. Very funny comedy. Play Paper Mario 2. Play Luigi's Mansion. Play the Mario and Luigi series. For crying out loud Mario has been put into stories with tons of dialogue and comedy and it's worked. Sure Mario himself hasn't talked; he's voiceless like Link or Gordon; but his facial expressions and mannerisms do all the talking for him. He is the perfect straight man for ONE; but he is also good at being not only the butt of the joke but the victim of slapstick and comedic harm to his own person. It is not as impossible as you make out; in fact it's been done.

And in case you ignore all of that I'll say this on the subject of Mario having next to no dialogue: I GUESS AS FAR AS YOU'RE CONCERNED, MUTE PEOPLE CAN'T HAVE PERSONALITIES TOO.

• @Secret Fawful said: Followup:

I just went back to read some of your earlier posts on this and I saw this. Okay Sonic hasn't been in any comedic games but Mario? Not suited for comedy? WHAT? WHAT? REALLY?

Have you never played any of the Mario RPGs? You don't even know what you're talking about and this proves it. I have to point out the fact that comedy exists frequently in Mario games. Very funny comedy. Play Paper Mario 2. Play Luigi's Mansion. Play the Mario and Luigi series. For crying out loud Mario has been put into stories with tons of dialogue and comedy and it's worked. Sure Mario himself hasn't talked; he's voiceless like Link or Gordon; but his facial expressions and mannerisms do all the talking for him. He is the perfect straight man for ONE; but he is also good at being not only the butt of the joke but the victim of slapstick and comedic harm to his own person. It is not as impossible as you make out; in fact it's been done.

And in case you ignore all of that I'll say this on the subject of Mario having next to no dialogue: I GUESS AS FAR AS YOU'RE CONCERNED, MUTE PEOPLE CAN'T HAVE PERSONALITIES TOO.

mario is very simple comedy if any. sure there were facial expressions here and there but it wasn't really funny. compared to the likes of sam and max, penny arcade, and homestar runner, its really just boring and it wouldn't fit very well.

• I think that Telltale could pull off Mario and Sonic really well in a game like this. It'll never happen, though. It would have to be a full-priced retail game with a huge chunk of the profits going to Nintendo and Sega.

At the very least, they would fit much better than Penny Arcade.

• A Telltale-made Mario adventure game... Sorry, I just can't see Mario using ITEM A with ITEM B to get ITEM C. Which is why it would have to star someone else. Someone better suited to adventure game logic.
    250px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG

Telltale. Pitch this to Nintendo. Now.

• @koiboi59 said: mario is very simple comedy if any. sure there were facial expressions here and there but it wasn't really funny. compared to the likes of sam and max, penny arcade, and homestar runner, its really just boring and it wouldn't fit very well.

That's a matter of opinion. Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the Future all have very different styles of humor, but Telltale clearly saw the potential in each of them. If Telltale were to see the potential in Mario or Sonic, they could make it work.

I don't expect or even necessarily want Telltale to make games from these licenses, but it's absolutely ridiculous to claim that a Telltale Mario or Sonic game would be impossible.

• In MarioRPG Jumping was OPTIONAL?!!?

take a look at this walkthrough section and tell me how you could progress without hitting the jump button:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKdLjqTystU

The first 20 feet of the volcano is CONSTANT jumping!

• @doggans said: That's a matter of opinion. Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the Future all have very different styles of humor, but Telltale clearly saw the potential in each of them. If Telltale were to see the potential in Mario or Sonic, they could make it work.

I don't expect or even necessarily want Telltale to make games from these licenses, but it's absolutely ridiculous to claim that a Telltale Mario or Sonic game would be impossible.

its not impossible, it would just be one of the worst they did (which would probably not be that bad) but i can't see sonic and mario and a comedy adventure or a poker game.

• @lombre said: A Telltale-made Mario adventure game... Sorry, I just can't see Mario using ITEM A with ITEM B to get ITEM C. Which is why it would have to star someone else. Someone better suited to adventure game logic.
    250px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG

Telltale. Pitch this to Nintendo. Now.

Yes plz.

• I have never played any Sonic game (besides the M&S at the Olympic Games), but I've played almost all Mario games, including the RPG's (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, etc...), and I think a Mario adventure game could work quite well. Like someone else said above me, I'm not saying I want Nintendo and/or Telltale to make a Mario (or Sonic) adventure game, but I don't see the reason for many of you saying it will be a bad game and rule it out right off the bat.
    @Secret Fawful said: I GUESS AS FAR AS YOU'RE CONCERNED, MUTE PEOPLE CAN'T HAVE PERSONALITIES TOO.
    I agree. So, for them, many interesting characters have no personality. Starting with Telltale's games, Gromit, the Poopsmith, Pom Pom. Going to other media, Mr. Bean (the series, not the awful movies), Charlot, Harpo Marx...

• @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: I agree. So, for them, many interesting characters have no personality. Starting with Telltale's games, Gromit, the Poopsmith, Pom Pom. Going to other media, Mr. Bean (the series, not the awful movies), Charlot, Harpo Marx...

POM POM IS NOT MUTE! he speaks in bubbles which is different. and i just don't see good comedy in a mario/sonic game. its fun, gameplay wise but it is really just little kid comedy, nothing to hilarious in there.

Add Comment