User Avatar Image

The PSN version of the Game should be updated with PS Move Support.

posted by adrian2040 on - last edited - Viewed by 175 users

PSN games that are PS Move compatible now appear in the PS Move section of the PSN Store. That would mean more people would notice this game, and it would have more sales. Also, it would help retain the original feel.

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The controls would have to be reworked completely, as it's not controlled in the same way as the PC version. The PSN version is designed for a controller in mind, and I don't see what Move support would do for this control scheme.

  • Yeah considering the only time you would EVER even THINK about playstation move is the fight at the begining at episode 2 and that still would be a terrible idea. Plus Playstation move alogether is a rip off of the wii controller. It is stupid that Sony cant think of anything better. At least Microsoft does full motion. Sony just flat out rips off the wii.

  • @StarEye said: The controls would have to be reworked completely, as it's not controlled in the same way as the PC version. The PSN version is designed for a controller in mind, and I don't see what Move support would do for this control scheme.

    I second this. The only way it would "improve" the game is if you used it like a mouse-pointed to click on things, which I would think would be somewhat awkward to say the least

  • @Gman5852 said: Yeah considering the only time you would EVER even THINK about playstation move is the fight at the begining at episode 2 and that still would be a terrible idea. Plus Playstation move alogether is a rip off of the wii controller. It is stupid that Sony cant think of anything better. At least Microsoft does full motion. Sony just flat out rips off the wii.

    Yeah, that was a really necessary contribution to this thread, don't you think?

  • That's not the point. The point is, the PSN doesn't share the control scheme from the PC version. The PSN version doesn't even have a pointer, you just switch between different objects on the screen as you move towards them. There is absolutely nothing in the control scheme you would need the Move for. If it controlled like the PC version, then it would no doubt work with very little work. But it doesn't. If you've played the PSN version, you'll know what I'm talking about.

  • @StarEye said: That's not the point. The point is, the PSN doesn't share the control scheme from the PC version. The PSN version doesn't even have a pointer, you just switch between different objects on the screen as you move towards them. There is absolutely nothing in the control scheme you would need the Move for. If it controlled like the PC version, then it would no doubt work with very little work. But it doesn't. If you've played the PSN version, you'll know what I'm talking about.

    You know, I know what you're saying, ...but that's why it would be a PATCH! You can actually control the PC versions in the exact same way as the PS3 version, all a patch would do is place a pointer over the screen that selects the hot spots instead of manually shifting to it.

  • But what would it really add, besides giving you a reason to use the Move? And I doubt you can control the PC version the same way as the PS3 version, although I haven't tried it. Have you tried the PS3 version?

  • @StarEye said: But what would it really add, besides giving you a reason to use the Move? And I doubt you can control the PC version the same way as the PS3 version, although I haven't tried it. Have you tried the PS3 version?

    Yeah, I have both versions, and if you just stick to Keyboard alone on the PC version, it controls exactly like the PS3 version. Also yeah, what would it add to the game? Apart from boosting Sony's game list which uses Move, but there were loads of people at one time saying they'd love it if the game were more Point and Click, so really, it just small markets.

  • Is it even possible to stick to keyboard alone on PC version? Also, no it wouldn't control exactly like the PS3 version even if it did. The interface is completely different, it's much closer to EMI than it is to PC ToMI.

Add Comment