User Avatar Image

2 endings?

posted by foxmcloud58 on - last edited - Viewed by 236 users

Apparently, there are 2 endings to the city that dares not sleep.
Is that true?
Apparently there are no major differences in the story.
Can anyone tell me what ahppens in both of them, or does anyone have a video showing/comparing the 2 endings?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • identical except in one S+M walk off down the street and the elevator leaves on its one and in the other they leave in the elevator.

• Yes, it's true. The ending you get depends on whether or not you (Sam) tells Papierwaite that your fondest memories of life with Max were crimefighting or adventuring.

The Crimefighting ending has Other Max coming out of the time elevator and asking Sam if he wants to go fight crime, and they walk into the city together, bantering about the newest supervillain they can take down. The Adventuring ending has Other Max asking if Sam wants to go on an adventure, instead, and Sam hops into the time elevator with him.

As far as I can tell, the story is completely identical both times, except for those last two minutes.

• And then there is the PS3 ending, which is the same as the Adventure Ending except Sam comes back at the end to pick up Sam Jr. where as he'd pick up his Hat in the PC version.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

@Player_2 said: Yes, it's true. The ending you get depends on whether or not you (Sam) tells Papierwaite that your fondest memories of life with Max were crimefighting or adventuring.

The Crimefighting ending has Other Max coming out of the time elevator and asking Sam if he wants to go fight crime, and they walk into the city together, bantering about the newest supervillain they can take down. The Adventuring ending has Other Max asking if Sam wants to go on an adventure, instead, and Sam hops into the time elevator with him.

As far as I can tell, the story is completely identical both times, except for those last two minutes.

you forgot how he forgets his hat in the adventure ending

• Crimefighting ending is the best, IMO

• @Ash735 said: And then there is the PS3 ending, which is the same as the Adventure Ending except Sam comes back at the end to pick up Sam Jr. where as he'd pick up his Hat in the PC version.

Technically, there' four different endings, depending on whether you put Sam Jr. back in your inventory before leaving Max.

• @seibert999 said: you forgot how he forgets his hat in the adventure ending

I had the adventure ending and he had his hat.

He leaves, and then comes back to pick up his hat.

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: Technically, there' four different endings, depending on whether you put Sam Jr. back in your inventory before leaving Max.

I left Sam Jr. there the first time and got the same ending where Sam comes back at the end to collect her.

• @SlasherMan said: Crimefighting ending is the best, IMO

I would agree with you, but I absolutely LOVE Max's face when he and Sam are looking into the elevator.

maxelevator.jpg

• I'm not entirely sure why, but I love that face, too.

Add Comment