User Avatar Image

Android Releases...?

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 80 users

Looking around the forum, I noticed that there have been iOS releases of various TTG games, any chance We'll see S+M or ToMI pop up in the Android Marketplace?

5 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sam/Max or TOMI no, Puzzle Agent maybe.

  • We haven't announced anything regarding plans for Android. Anything you've heard is rumor and speculation. Sorry.

  • User Avatar Image
    Tor

    I remember reading that while Android handsets collectively have a slightly bigger market share than iPhone, it seems that Android users are a lot less willing to spend money on games and apps. Sorry, I don't remember the reference, I probably saw it on Slashdot. Hopefully Android apps will become more profitable soon though.

  • @Alan Johnson said: We haven't announced anything regarding plans for Android. Anything you've heard is rumor and speculation. Sorry.

    Neither, just a personal opinion since I have an Android phone and Android has an Apps Store just like iPhone (and iOS and Android have a similar code-base (both being ultimately derived from unix)) Though it might be in the future. *shrug*

    @Alan Johnson said: I remember reading that while Android handsets collectively have a slightly bigger market share than iPhone, it seems that Android users are a lot less willing to spend money on games and apps.

    Good to know. Interesting little factoid.

    @Alan Johnson said: Sam/Max or TOMI no, Puzzle Agent maybe.

    Why? some of the games are on the iPhone, I'd think they'd be compatible (hardware wise) with Android phones as well...

  • @Ashton said: Why? some of the games are on the iPhone, I'd think they'd be compatible (hardware wise) with Android phones as well...

    Penal Zone and Last Resort are on iPad. The iPhone does not have the tech to run those. Puzzle Agent is on iPhone. Android could run that.

Add Comment