User Avatar Image

Ideas for dialouge

posted by guybrush20X6 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Post your ideas for potential dialouge in the game.

Heavy loses to tycho
(Heavy points his finger like a gun at Tycho)
tycho: Oh please threatening me with your invisible gun is not -
Heavy: POW!
(Tycho's head explodes)
Strong Bad: I may be a bit in over my head with this...
Max: Do it again! Do it again!

Edit: A competition to decide on the best suggested dialouge is now in progress. Here's the rules

1. You can nominate up to two snippets.
2. You cannot nominate yourself.
3. the top 5-10 willl be put into a poll and the a winner will be decided by puplic vote.
4. Their is no tangible reward for this contest. It's just a bit of fun. But maybe if Telltale takes notice...

P.S. You can nominate my enteries. Just saying ;)

232 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @koiboi59 said: This is america, not england. we don't go "pip pip" "cheerio" "big ben" "fish and chips". WE SPEAK AMERICAN (i hope you understand that i put down american instead of english on purpose).

You know this forum is open to us foreigners, right? And proficiency in English is all that's required by any of us to be able to understand and be understood by our fellow forumites. Anyway, if you're going to make that distinction, it's American English contra British English. Your comment looks very nationalistic, and not in the good way.

• @koiboi59 said: This is america, not england. we don't go "pip pip" "cheerio" "big ben" "fish and chips". WE SPEAK AMERICAN (i hope you understand that i put down american instead of english on purpose).

Erm...I'm American and have occasionally made references to Big Ben. I also happen to quite like fish and chips and am able to tell a waiter that I would like some. I also enjoy Cherrio's. I've never said "pip pip", but then again I doubt most British people have said that either, so I don't think it's much of a distinction.

It's still technically incorrect. And I do believe there is not much distinction between British English and American English. Good day, sir.

• Surprised no one has incorporated Max saying "Don't say *word*, *person who said word*

• @koiboi59 said: That was exactly my point. I was just listing random stuff people try to say when immitating a british accent. And i know the correct term is english not american. that whole post was a bunch of sarcasm. You people take stuff waaaaaay to seriously.

Sarcasm is not easily detected over the internet, you know.

• @StrongBrush1 said: Sarcasm is not easily detected over the internet, you know.

oh how can you honestly believe someone thinks the language is called american? its obviously ridiculous and i don't think even pepsi would call it that.

• @koiboi59 said: That was exactly my point. I was just listing random stuff people try to say when immitating a british accent. And i know the correct term is english not american. that whole post was a bunch of sarcasm. You people take stuff waaaaaay to seriously.

Well, I was being facetious. :p

• Everyone chill out, It seems the Brits hate being stereotyped (I'm British and I don't mind)

Americans seem to take steretyping quite well, If you were stereotyping one here, you'd probably say the same as koiboi59 except "we don't say things like "oh my god", "want a hamburger", "my car does 1 mile to the gallon"

It's all in jest, chill out

Add Comment