User Avatar Image

Make up alternate endings for 305! (Spoilers, obviously)

posted by WayneBrady on - last edited - Viewed by 268 users

Personally, I would have loved to see an ending where the Real Max fell from the sky, and somehow managed to survive. It would have made more sense than the past Max ending, at least.

Sam: Holy (insert-extremely-sam-exclamation)! Max! You're alive!
Max: Yeah, looks like my body isn't affected by fall impact too much.
Sam: God bless your strange Lagomorph bone structure.

Now, how about you guys make up some endings and some dialogue along with 'em?

(yeah, I know my dialogue isn't too great. I'm not the best comedy writer.)

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Mine would be pretty much the same honestly, with the exception that Max would fall on Sam, preferably after he leaves his hat.

• Sam: But how did earth's gravity pulled you right onto the planet even after Skunkape's ship was so far away? Or how did you prevent turning into ashes by the air friction of our atmosphere? How did you even breathe in space?
    Max: I'm part amphibian.
    Sam: It doesn't answer my question at all.
    Max: Maybe it does; you haven't tried it, you don't know it.
    Sam: That makes little to no sense.
    Max: Thank god our audience is a sucker for scientific inconsistencies.
    Sam: Amen to that, little buddy.

• Personally, I was hoping that the SuperEgo managed to change Max back to normal with just enough time for him to teleport again back to Sam (Perhaps in Stinky's Diner where Sam might be sitting in silent depression). That way we get the original Max back. The bomb, of course, would still be on the ship so Stinky, Skunkape and Sammun-Mak would still go kablooie!

• The end credits are the same, but with a heavy storm, and as the credits end the camera pans up to the sky.

• (Sam is standing alone, looking out at the Statue of Liberty, and takes off his hat in respect for the dead)

Max: Hey, Sam! Turns out I wasn't really dead!
    Sam: Well, that's a fortunate turn of events.

(Puts hat back on)

THE END

• I must admit when Max returned I assumed that the 'time machine' was actually an elevator from the underground tunnels, and that when Giant Max went over Bosco's lab, Real Max seperated himself from Giant Max somehow, jumped out and wandered off into the tunnels, knowing that Giant Max couldn't eat him there. When the time was right he just went up and met Sam again. I know this isn't true, because of the 204 connection, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• @Player_2 said: (Sam is standing alone, looking out at the Statue of Liberty, and takes off his hat in respect for the dead)

Max: Hey, Sam! Turns out I wasn't really dead!
    Sam: Well, that's a fortunate turn of events.

(Puts hat back on)

THE END

I like it! It's so simple and can easily fit into the world of Sam and Max. And it's funny. That always helps! :)

• (earlier in the game, the PLAYER chose a dialogue option for SAM in which he waxed lyrical about all his exciting time-travel adventures with MAX)

SAM and PAST MAX walk away from the site of the TIME POD, which has now vanished, to the DE-SOTO. They move to get into the car.

PAST MAX: Where we going, Sam?

SAM: Somewhere where we don't need roads, little buddy.

The DE-SOTO zooms off into the sunset and vanishes in a flash of light, leaving only burning tyre-marks, a familiar theme-tune, and a promo for Telltale's next exciting game...*

(Seriously, I can't believe they didn't do this! I mean, we got pirate-flag Max at the end of TOMI, right?)

* No, not "Puzzle Agent".

• Sam takes of his hat and looks at the Statue of Liberty, letting out a tear. A bubble appears in the torch, like the one when Junior was being summoned, but the bubble is white. A doggledanger, holding a stuffed rabbit, appears to have climbed the statue. He waves at Sam with a happy look on his face, and jumps in the bubble. A flash of light, then Max is ressurected in all his white, furry glory. Sam has an expression of shock on his face, which grows into a huge smile.

END.

• The saddest possible ending I could think of was one where Sam takes off his hat, puts it down, let's Sam Jr. go free, and jumps off the bridge.

Add Comment