Menu
User Avatar Image

mario and sonic? :confused:

posted by pepsiboy3 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

dear TELLTALE GAMES!!!

WHAT ABOUT MARIO AND SONIC :mad: BEACUSE THEY AWSOME

PS: sorry i have to shout with caps :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: That was fantastic but now I'm left wondering if Tales of MI stole the defendant is his own defense attorney joke.

That joke was actually originally stolen/borrowed/payed homage to an old Woody Allen movie I think

• @doggans said: You kill things in CSI? News to me.

Either way, it's proof that Telltale feels no need to confine itself to any one style. If they want to make a game that's not funny, it's their own right.

Again, this is your opinion, but you continue to pass it off as fact. What is it that makes the Mario games more "kid humor" than, say, Wallace and Gromit?

(And once again, I have no stake in this and don't necessarily want a Mario adventure game, but I'm enjoying the debate and I still don't understand why so many minds are so closed to the idea.)

typo, i meant when ITS killing things, amd theres a few little humorous remarks here and there. mario is more about unexplained and annoying situation such as say: lugi loses one of his ovenmits in bowsers castle or something similarly ridiculous. th eonly thing i find funny is how the plot is suspicously similar to the rest of the games. its always "save the princess and defeat bowser and his goons" as mario goes out and squishes all the bad guys. it gets old, FAST.

• @koiboi59 said: typo, i meant when ITS killing things, amd theres a few little humorous remarks here and there. mario is more about unexplained and annoying situation such as say: lugi loses one of his ovenmits in bowsers castle or something similarly ridiculous. th eonly thing i find funny is how the plot is suspicously similar to the rest of the games. its always "save the princess and defeat bowser and his goons" as mario goes out and squishes all the bad guys. it gets old, FAST.

Just because it's not your type of humor doesn't mean it's not funny. I think the Mario games, especially the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games, are hilarious, and would work great for a point-n-click adventure. If one was released, you can bet that I'd buy it.

Especially if Waluigi starred in it. C'mon, that would just be awesome.

• @koiboi59 said: typo, i meant when ITS killing things, amd theres a few little humorous remarks here and there. mario is more about unexplained and annoying situation such as say: lugi loses one of his ovenmits in bowsers castle or something similarly ridiculous. th eonly thing i find funny is how the plot is suspicously similar to the rest of the games. its always "save the princess and defeat bowser and his goons" as mario goes out and squishes all the bad guys. it gets old, FAST.

Luigi loses one of his oven mitts in Bowser's Castle? Really? I forgot which game THAT happened in. And yes, the PLATFORMERS are just "rescue the princess". That's all they need. But the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series have much more complex plots than that; the first Paper Mario is the only one that really involves rescuing the princess and even then that isn't all there is to it. The first Mario and Luigi game basically makes fun of the "rescuing the princess" plot and even parodies it.

Seriously go watch some videos of these games on Youtube, get some real facts on what you're discussing, or quit acting like you know. And quit ignoring people who do know what they're talking about. Oh, and watch some episodes of The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog to see how a Sonic story could work in an adventure game.

• @JedExodus said: That joke was actually originally stolen/borrowed/payed homage to an old Woody Allen movie I think

Yes, it was "Bananas", a film which in turn was an homage to the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup". And the crazy ol' chain of inspiration just keeps going!

• @doggans said: Yes, it was "Bananas", a film which in turn was an homage to the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup". And the crazy ol' chain of inspiration just keeps going!

You sir are something of a comedy scholar

• @Breakman said: So if we wanted to ask for other characters, it would be better asking for Ben and Dan (Ben There, Dan That!, a comedy indy game), Axe Cop (a webcomic), or something similar.

Just to say that the inclusion of Ben and Dan in practically any game would automatically make said game the most awesome thing ever. That is all.

• to heck with Mario and Sonic, WE IS TALKING BOUT MAX, STRONG BAD, AND HEAVY!!!!!!

• @Trogdorman said: to heck with Mario and Sonic, WE IS TALKING BOUT MAX, STRONG BAD, AND HEAVY!!!!!!

and tycho.

• ..tycho I don't really know that much

Add Comment