User Avatar Image

Favorite Puzzles?

posted by MarkDarin on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

You've played the game. You've debated the ending. You've expressed your feelings about the puzzles. Now we'd like to know which ones were your favorites. If we end up making more Puzzle Agent, what types of puzzles would you like to see more of?

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I must admit, i love the game, but i dont care one bit for the puzzles at all, im playing the game, because of the look, the feel, the atmosphere.

I would be nice to see Puzzles being based in the world the character is, like say the movies the beautiful mind, that he see's stuff no one else do, and you complete the puzzles in that world.

Hope we will get more of this game, and that it will continue where the pilot episode left off.

• I liked the room number puzzle the best. Stumped. All the clues. Finally it dawned.

Doh!

• @jp-30 said: I liked the room number puzzle the best. Stumped. All the clues. Finally it dawned.

Doh!

It's my favourite too: well integrated to the story, and when i solved it (with no hints) I said: WOW! It was always in front of me! :D

• I just realized you could pick more than one. Oh well. I like logic puzzles although I'm really bad at them. I really like the stovepipe puzzle, but mainly because it's the first time the hidden persons shows. I thought that was really good. Took me totally by suprise.
    I also really enjoy easy-to-do puzzles inbetween the harder ones. That way when I'm feeling particularly stupid, I can do one of the easier ones and feel better about it!

• In germany we have a good daily newspaper called Süddeutsche and there is a guy with the pseudonym cus who does really hard riddles where you almost never have to think in an obvious way. When you're trying to solve his riddles, it can be quite frustrating but after a few times you get more used to his style, although they are still more unique and harder than the usual ones, great!

• argh, damn it's multiple choice?

well, in that case I would have chosen all the bug puzzles and the passing footballer puzzles, I really liked them

The fish one also deserves a mention for clever design and difficulty reasons

• @jp-30 said: I liked the room number puzzle the best. Stumped. All the clues. Finally it dawned.

Doh!

That was the only puzzle I really didn't like to be honest. I don't mind puzzles based on perspective (I don't really know how else to describe this one), but it was way too early in the game for a puzzle with such a vague description. It was a puzzle that only made sense after you solved it (at least for me and the people I played it with), which, just like with 'normal' adventure game puzzles, is never a good sign.

I really liked the bugs in boxes-series and the air mail-series. The puzzle where you figure out which guest gets which meal and the puzzle with the rivers and the fish were both great as well.

The biggest complaint I had about some of the puzzles (and again, the people I played with) was that some of them didn't really give you a clear sense of what you were supposed to be doing. I can understand that it's hard to give instructions without giving too much away, but some of them just didn't give you enough information. I'll give some examples later if needed, when I have time to start the game again.

Even if I have some complaints, I really liked most of what was there, and the fact that I was able to play the game with a group of people in the same room (connecting a laptop to a big screen-tv is the best!) made the experience really special. At one point it sort of turned into a drinking game with everyone shouting answers at the same time.

So yeah, I'd like more.:)

• @jeeno0142 said: I just realized you could pick more than one. Oh well. I like logic puzzles although I'm really bad at them. I really like the stovepipe puzzle, but mainly because it's the first time the hidden persons shows. I thought that was really good. Took me totally by suprise.
    I also really enjoy easy-to-do puzzles inbetween the harder ones. That way when I'm feeling particularly stupid, I can do one of the easier ones and feel better about it!

I agree with you, when I stuck on a hard puzzle it feels better that I at least can solve a easier one.
    I liked the mix of different types of puzzles.
    Love the story, the characters and the athmosphere in the game.

• I will have to say that the puzzle which surprised me the most was Find the Fuse.
    Personally, I recognised the symbols in, perhaps, less than a second, as I saw this puzzle many times earlier. Really, it took me more time to understand how the puzzle works. (I thought that I had to put the symbols in order.)
    However, when my brother played the game and reached the puzzle, he was absolutely clueless, and I forbade him to use the hints, hehe. Then our friend came, and took a look at the puzzle. His reaction was same as my brother, and he sat with him, trying to figure out the answer. At one point I allowed my brother to use the two first clues. Needless to say, I was shocked by the fact that they did not know the puzzle. So I called my father, in order to prove that I am not the only one in the world who knew about it. This was not a good proof.
    So my brother, friend and father didn't know the answer. Well, my mother, at least, should know. She didn't.
    I was completely surprised. I let my brother take the last clue to the answer, and I had to wait for the next day in order to confirm that I was not the only person who knew this puzzle.
    So, I wonder, how many of you had similar cases?

• @Sarendor said: So, I wonder, how many of you had similar cases?

I didn't have a problem with it myself, but I don't know how easy it would have been if I hadn't seen it in this episode of the Simpsons.

Add Comment