User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

07TfXl.jpg

DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.

276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is this the correct screenshot? Based on what it shows, you have all the pieces necessary to solve the puzzle. Are you unable to move them?

• That's possible... I think I tried, I thought it was supposed to be the one where you drag them from the sideboard. Anyways I lost my save because of the new update, so I'll report back soon.

In the meantime, thank you for the quick response! With the new update this game becomes a work of art. Quick, responsive, gorgeous and highly stylish. The only thing that could make this game better would be like 3 or 5 random variations of every puzzle, or even a random algorythm for a few so it's always different but within the same parameters. That's asking for the moon in an update, but hopefully will be incorporated into the sequel. Telltale you simply rock, and please find time in your busy schedule to give us puzzle agent 2 at some point.

• @pwblaine said: Telltale you simply rock, and please find time in your busy schedule to give us puzzle agent 2 at some point.

I second your feelings, but you're posting in the wrong thread. This is for people still waiting for the first Puzzle Agent :(

• I just wanted to say I am having problems with this issue as well. I recently purchased a GTX 460 to solve an unrelated problem and was saddened to discover I could no longer continue playing Puzzle Agent with my new hardware. I will patiently await a fix. Thank you TTG for working on this for us.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I don't know if this works, but you could try running it in VMWare Player as a workaround.

• User Avatar Image
    olz

and a radio silence again :(, feels like there comes new verison of this game not a fix

• God this thread made me laugh.

Been waiting since July for this to be fixed. What a joke. Quite funny looking at all of the posts defending what is perceived as good customer service. July!

Can someone from Telltale contact me, and explain why this has taken so long. Why they seem fit to release other versions, rather than fix versions that a good number of customers have brought, and cannot use.

Im dying to buy/play the new Back To Future games, but I will not part with anymore money on a telltale product until this is resolved and I feel satisified with Telltales responce. In any other Business, this kind of customer service, product release, this would be competely unacceptable, but computer software/games seem to get away with it tima and again.

I will start picking up toys up now!

Carl
    Sam n Max - Season One
    Sam n Max - Season Two
    Tales Of Monkey Island
    Puzzle Agent

• I'm inclined to agree with you. Telltale has a dreadful track record for fixing bugs and I'm getting to the end of my patience.

• I think all those affected by the bug feels that way - at least, I know I do.

Telltale, I love you guys, but this is just ridiculous. It's been 3½ months, even though one month ago, you were saying the fix would be ready in a matter of days.

It's taken you longer to fix this bug than I had to do my Google Summer of Code project, and that seems way too excessive to me.

I know you can't just dedicate all of your resources towards fixing a single bug, regardless of how serious it is, but if a fix was nearly ready a month ago, yet still isn't released, that suggests *something* is really wrong.

• Well, Telltale did not promise too much: Puzzle agent is indeed an adventure with a twist.... at least for nVidia owners :(

Add Comment