User Avatar Image

Team Fortress 2

posted by Zootch on - last edited - Viewed by 13.1K users

It's awesome, right?
I was playing and, by chance, met up with Shauntron.

Anyone else play it?
Post your info page!

I got a lighter workload this year, so I guess I'll start posting here again.

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: What's really great is when a Spy tries to disguise as a class that nobody on your team is playing as and gets randomly assigned your name. I think I was playing Soldier once and saw a Scout on my team named GuruGuru214 running around.

Spying as Scout is worthless. It's obvious when you're not a real Scout as you're not as fast and not double jumping everywhere.

• ^ Yeah, I don't see any practical application for a Scout disguise.

Personally, I only disguise as characters that aren't constantly shooting/at the frontline/Medic. Makes it a lot easier to play off your lack of shooting as natural. Engie is almost TOO easy in particular.

• Basically, if they're a pryo and not flaming everyone when in base: spy.
    If you're not double jumping as Scout: Spy.
    If you're a Heavy and you're near the front lines and your gun isn't spinning: Spy.
    If you're a Medic and not healing: Spy.
    If you're an Engie and you're too far away from your buildings: Spy.
    If you're a Demo and you're not laying stickies, or charging: Spy.
    If you're a Soldier and not rocket jumping, Spy.
    If you're a Sniper and not in a sniping zone: Spy.
    If you're a Spy and in your base digused and not messing with the enemy: Enemy Spy.

My quick list of Spy checking.

• I try to careen into everybody I run past, and if I don't clip through them, then... :D

I hope Valve brings back the Halloween stuff this year. KOTH Harvest is my favorite map and Harvest Event makes it even better!

• @ShaggE said: ^ Yeah, I don't see any practical application for a Scout disguise.

Personally, I only disguise as characters that aren't constantly shooting/at the frontline/Medic. Makes it a lot easier to play off your lack of shooting as natural. Engie is almost TOO easy in particular.

People ger persnickkity at me when I don't heal them wen i'm disguised as medic, my personal favourite is a retreating demoman...mostly cos then it's just a case of tapping 4 twice quickly

• Tangent: I love following an unpleasant teammate around as Pyro, constantly blasting my flamethrower and yelling "Spy check!". Great way to make them ragequit without ruining the game for everyone else. :D

• Pyro and demo are probably the worst disguises for a spy, given that 90% of spies disguise as them. That means the enemy are more likely to check you than the others. The other one really not worth any effort is the spy. Someone sees a spy, they're likely to check him, even if he's a friendly spy.

The heavy and soldier disguises work well for on the front, heavy in particular as its an unlikely class to disguise as, though the slowness can obviously cost you. But being a heavy always attracts medics to ubercharge you, which unleashes a barrel of s/laughter. Engineer and sniper are usually the best for behind enemy lines, and the ability to change the weapon you appear to be holding comes more into play here.

Ultimately, the trick is not to rely too much on disguises, and on picking targets carefully. Disguises are there to cover you from monentary glances preferably from a distance, or against a sentry. I've always played spy on the principle of don't get seen at all, disguised or not, until you've made your attack.

• The new spy knife is teaching me the importance if not being seen, disciplining me to be more careful of my route and learning ammo locations. It's def better than being seen to be spychecked at all

• @ShaggE said: Tangent: I love following an unpleasant teammate around as Pyro, constantly blasting my flamethrower and yelling "Spy check!". Great way to make them ragequit without ruining the game for everyone else. :D

I do that, but with air blast.

• ^ I miss airblast, but I can't bring myself to stop using the Backburner. :p

Add Comment