User Avatar Image

Team Fortress 2

posted by Zootch on - last edited - Viewed by 12.5K users

It's awesome, right?
I was playing and, by chance, met up with Shauntron.

Anyone else play it?
Post your info page!

I got a lighter workload this year, so I guess I'll start posting here again.

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff

I played TFC for years and years, and I loved it. But I'll be first in line to say TF2 fixes everything that was wrong with it, from class balancing to art direction.

I miss Hunted dearly though :(

That said, maybe we can wrangle together a TFC night? Is everyone here part of the telltale TF2group?

• @Shauntron said: I played TFC for years and years, and I loved it. But I'll be first in line to say TF2 fixes everything that was wrong with it, from class balancing to art direction.

That said, maybe we can wrangle together a TFC night? Is everyone here part of the telltale TF2group?

I am. But, there was a TFC event for the Telltalliance a few weeks ago, and no one wanted to play that night. I don't know if more people will want to play this TFC event, but it could happen.

• I would have if I had TFC, but it's also not for Mac, I think

• @GuruGuru214 said: Haven't seen that in a while. Now I want to make a TF2 video to it.

Already been done

• @Shauntron said: I played TFC for years and years, and I loved it. But I'll be first in line to say TF2 fixes everything that was wrong with it, from class balancing to art direction.

I'll give you that TF2 fixes a lot of wrongs with TFC, but TFC I liked because it gave Spy a massive boost and negative. Since your team couldn't see you as a spy, and since there was FF (even for Pyro[ which is auto disable for Flame thrower if you turn FF on a TF2 server]) you had to know it was a spy for sure, or risk pissing off your team mates.
    As for art direction, when it was a Quakemod I like that art direction better then TFC on HL engine.
    Plus when you could have 4 teams going at it, that was insane. I wish they'd put all the old game modes from TFC into TF2.
    Lastly, yes I'd play a TFC match.
    @Shauntron said: In TFC's heyday, I wasn't much of a MP gamer. Is it still active? I've been curious to give it a try.

Most servers average about 5-12 people, but some servers still have like 30+ people on them. There's not many servers. It's not as popular as CS1.6 is, but not as dead as DOD 1.3 or Riccochet.

• Just letting people know that I've got a "Pile O Gifts" that I'm waiting to break open during a match, so keep an eye out for "Ash735" in the next few days. :)

• @Ash735 said: Just letting people know that I've got a "Pile O Gifts" that I'm waiting to break open during a match, so keep an eye out for "Ash735" in the next few days. :)

Please Please
    Friend me on steam(gman5852)
    and wait till I join a server with you, then go nuts and use it.

Also, I met my first scammer today.

I had a few weapons I wanted to trad for reclaimed metal.
    They where 2 crates(I aint buying keys, the 3 I bought are good enough) a letranger, and a battoolians backup(still have the weapons, not the crates, if you want them by the way just friend me and check if im ever on) A person sent me a request saying that
    A.This person already had the weapons and enough crates and didnt need them
    B.I didnt have an axstingwisher(or whatever its called, I didnt anyway have one since i crafted it)
    C. I would get a better deal since I would get one weapon I didnt have and he/she would get 4 weapons she didnt need.

Pffft yeah right, I cancelled that trade immediatly.

• @Elvenmonk said: Basically, if they're a pryo and not flaming everyone when in base: spy.

Tend to use this one when I'm behind the enemy lines, running towards the front. Why would I be randomly flaming if there's no-one in front of me?

@Elvenmonk said: If you're not double jumping as Scout: Spy.

Scout is a terrible disguise. Don't use it.

@Elvenmonk said: If you're a Heavy and you're near the front lines and your gun isn't spinning: Spy.

Great to use when running away from the front for ammo boxes. Preferably with the Shotgun out. Lets just hope the disguise doesn't have the Sandvich instead.

Also great if you see an enemy medic, as Heavies (at least the ones on the server I play on) tend to call for Medics whether they need healing or not. So, to act like a real Heavy, I call for them! It only gets bad if they run into me.

@Elvenmonk said: If you're a Medic and not healing: Spy.

Tend to use this one when behind enemies, and will run towards the ones I see calling for medic while fake switching to Medi-Gun (to maintain the illusion).

@Elvenmonk said: If you're an Engie and you're too far away from your buildings: Spy.

That used to be true, but ever since Mini-Sentries were introduced, this disguise is more believable than before. It's one of my favorites to use when running towards enemy control points, particularly with my Wrench out. Particularly if I just saw an Engineer run past (or I just killed one).

@Elvenmonk said: If you're a Demo and you're not laying stickies, or charging: Spy.

I tend to switch to the sticky launcher while running towards the front. Occasionally I use this one when in an enemy base.

@Elvenmonk said: If you're a Soldier and not rocket jumping, Spy.
    If you're a Sniper and not in a sniping zone: Spy.

Never use this disguise, unless I meant to hit Pyro and hit the wrong key.

@Elvenmonk said: If you're a Spy and in your base digused and not messing with the enemy: Enemy Spy.

Tend to use this while in my own base if enemies have infiltrated it. Particularly if I know the other team has multiple spies.

Now, none of these disguise rules apply if I'm using Your Eternal Reward. YER works surprising well, since your disguise (if you have one) is the last person you stabbed. It's really funny if you stab someone a moment before the person in front of them turns around... would you seriously expect the person behind you (the same person that was there a moment ago) to be a Spy? The only exception is if they turn before the corpse finishes cloaking.

YER is also godsend with the Cloak and Dagger when playing RED on Payload maps. You can often backstab several enemies in a row that are pushing the cart and not looking behind them. I think my current record is 5 in a row on a cart with the YER... which was everyone pushing it at the time. This was on pl_goldrush 1, right after the spot where the cart turns the corner outside BLU base.

Note: My record for normal backstab chains is in the same location... 8 I believe.

Having said that, a lot of the time I use the YER with the Dead Ringer. You'd be surprised at exactly how useful that is, despite not being able to choose when to cloak. koth_nucleus is particularly good for YER + DR.

Friendly disguises are extremely important with the normal knife if using the DR. It's a good way to defuse a sticky trap, or draw a sniper headshot away from another player on your team. The only trouble is when you run into an enemy pyro.

If it's an alltalk server, I will essentially tell myself not to go out door X because it's stickied... and then say something like "Don't say I didn't warn you." and then walk up to the door using a Heavy disguise.

• I'll give you that YER changes the rules, but that's what I go by. Also, pyros are always randomly flaming. I used to complain about that to my team of how pyros didn't need to be randomly flaming, but they always just called it spy checking.

How do you switch what item you're showing?

Add Comment