User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.6K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did you know that the PSP is still generations behind the DS? Think about it. They've only released four models of the PSP, when on the other hand Nintendo is just constantly releasing new models every two years, wasting their money into oblivion. Do you see what Sony's doing? They're saving it all up for the release of the 4000, which will blow the mind of any Nintendo fanboy who gazes upon it.

• Until the PSP gets Pokemon, (roughly the same time as Hell will freeze over I'd imagine) I couldn't give a crap how much more advanced/better/faster/stronger it is compared with the 3DS. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

Apparently, the Pokemon Professor for Black/White will be the player's mother. That'll make it extra-weird when she asks what your name is and if you're a boy or a girl...

• @Snicklin said: Did you know that the PSP is still generations behind the DS? Think about it. They've only released four models of the PSP, when on the other hand Nintendo is just constantly releasing new models every two years, wasting their money into oblivion. Do you see what Sony's doing? They're saving it all up for the release of the 4000, which will blow the mind of any Nintendo fanboy who gazes upon it.

*blink*

But...that doesn't make any sense.

• @Snicklin said: Did you know that the PSP is still generations behind the DS? Think about it. They've only released four models of the PSP, when on the other hand Nintendo is just constantly releasing new models every two years, wasting their money into oblivion. Do you see what Sony's doing? They're saving it all up for the release of the 4000, which will blow the mind of any Nintendo fanboy who gazes upon it.

DS has all the properties that sell, bar maybe Metal Gear Solid, it's not your hardware that matters, it's your games and Nintendo have had a far better lineup than Sony on the handheld front sice DS and PSP went head-to-head

Not to say that I wouldn't want a PSP, far from it. But my money's with Nintendo cos I know what i'm getting

• @JedExodus said: DS has all the properties that sell, bar maybe Metal Gear Solid, it's not your hardware that matters, it's your games and Nintendo have had a far better lineup than Sony on the handheld front sice DS and PSP went head-to-head

Not to say that I wouldn't want a PSP, far from it. But my money's with Nintendo cos I know what i'm getting

Jed, buddy. How did you forget Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D?

• I'm sure he's talking about the the DS(L/i(XL)) since he's comparing it to the PSP.

• @Rather Dashing said: Jed, buddy. How did you forget Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D?

I'll have to say 3 decades of the rosary and walk around the church bare-footed twice for that one. I can only assume it was sheer giddy excitement for Kid Icarus and Level-5's hostess game that made me neglect such a hallmark title

• You know, I love Layton's OBJECTION pose there.

Uh, no. Line ups matter, not power. DS only released DS, Lite, I, and XL. That's 4 models aswell. It's sad that the PSP had to release 4 models in a shorter time span. I've spent time looking and including import titles I've found a total of 12 games for the PSP I'd even remotely be interested in playing and some with want status. On the DS I've over 20 games and still am getting more.

• @Elvenmonk said: I've spent time looking and including import titles I've found a total of 12 games for the PSP I'd even remotely be interested in playing and some with want status. On the DS I've over 20 games and still am getting more.

Besides the whole 'no Pokemon' thing, that's pretty much why I'd still rather have a DS than a PSP. I used to want a PSP when they came out because they could be modded to run emulator software, including ScummVM, but these days you can do that on a DS too. The only PSP games I'd actually want would be Loco Roco 1 and 2, I can't think of any others that interest me.

Add Comment