64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wonder how they will handle 3D in this game, particularly in the cutscenes. It is possible to make hand-animated 3D cartoons, but it's very difficult, so I wonder if they'll have 3D rendered backgrounds with flat cut-out characters, or just have the cutscenes not be 3D, or what

• @LuigiHann said: I wonder how they will handle 3D in this game, particularly in the cutscenes. It is possible to make hand-animated 3D cartoons, but it's very difficult, so I wonder if they'll have 3D rendered backgrounds with flat cut-out characters, or just have the cutscenes not be 3D, or what

Who said anything about the game being in 3D? For all we know the only reason it's on the 3DS is because DS cartridges not have the space they need for this game or something... Well that or a few 3D puzzles or something.

• @SunnyGuy said: Better than JFA sans 204 yeah, but better than TaT? I don't think so.

I love AJ too (well, all of AA :P), but while it was consistently good IMO, I don't think it ever reached the greatness of the best cases of the previous games. What I remember annoying me the most in the game was that I liked Klavier, but he can't compare to Edgey, Franziska or Godot, the fact that Machi was the defendant in that case is just simply ridiculous (the blind little kid moved the body of the huge grown man to that really tall platform? Seriously?), and that the Mason system was just confusing and if we didn't know better it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that it was a freaking time machine or something.

Trials and Trib was a really mixed bag for me. I loved the first case where you get to play as Mia (my favorite character) and the Masque*DeMask case was a blast, but The Furio Tigre case was terrible and the final case was so made of convenient things. Honestly, if one thing hadn't happened properly Godot's whole plan to cover things up would have gone straight to hell in a handbasket.

Between all that and the fact that I didn't find Godot threatening or his backstory interesting (the last prosecutor I viewed as a decent threat was Franziska), I just really had a hard time with that game. I still like it, but I felt that (sans the last case due to the MASON system melarkey and the end of Turnabout Serenade) AJ just presented more solid cases.

• @Remolay said: The first Phoenix wright of Professor Layton?

If you only get one, get Layton. But ideally you should get both. They can't be that expensive these days.

• trying out both Phoenix Wright and Curious Village.

• Excellent! Let us know what you think of them.

• So far I've found out I suck at puzzles (I was looking at the "Find my house" puzzle all wrong, it was a random guess that got it right)

and Phoenix Wright was obviously originally a game boy game. It's interesting to say the least. Annoying at times and I'm really starting to hate Miles Edgeworth (And that's just one case in).

If you'll excuse me, I have to update the "Video Game Crushes" Thread

This Layton-Ace Attorney crossover gives me another reason to want a 3DS.

• @Remolay said: I'm really starting to hate Miles Edgeworth (And that's just one case in).

He'll grow on you eventually. Though probably not for a while. :p

Add Comment