User Avatar Image

PC/Mac System Requirements (official specs on page 4!)

posted by Macarello on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

I was wondering how much more BTTF might demand of my laptop compared to the Devils Playhouse? I just got TDP during the Meet the Players sale (At release I decided to go PS3 instead just in case), and it runs pretty well at levels 1-3, and adequately at 4-6 in windowed mode. There's a fair bit slowdown on the medium levels, but it's still playable. Will BTTF be at roughly the same levels? I'm aching to preorder it but want to be sure I can even play it.:

175 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • the dvds they offer after the seasons

do they usually come with bonus materials and whatnot? :)

• @roycejunktion said: I want to do a preorder on this game

but i dont know if my computer can handle it?
    will these FINAL specs be released soon?

also if you buy the game on ps3, do you get the final dvd as well?

i just dont want to miss out on anything.....

also will the game on the ps3 end up being 25 bucks as well? or much much more than that?

the dvds they offer after the seasons

do they usually come with bonus materials and whatnot?

1. Telltale probably won't reveal the specs until after the first episode comes out. In the meantime, if you want to see if your computer can run it you should try playing "Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse." It's Telltale's most recent game so far, and presumably its requirements are about the same as BttF's will be. You can download a free demo of the first episode here (or here if you're using a Mac). Try turning down the graphics quality if you have any trouble. If your computer can run The Devil's Playhouse, it'll probably be able to run Back to the Future.

2. You can order the DVD from the store no matter what, but you'll only receive it for free by pre-ordering the PC/Mac version from the Telltale Store. (And only the Telltale Store. You're not eligible for this if you order it off Steam.)

3. If The Devil's Playhouse is any indication, the PS3 versions of each episode will cost as much as their PC/Mac counterparts.

4. Yes, the DVDs come with lots of bonus material. :)

Hope I was helpful.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: 1. Telltale probably won't reveal the specs until after the first episode comes out. In the meantime, if you want to see if your computer can run it you should try playing "Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse." It's Telltale's most recent game so far, and presumably its requirements are about the same as BttF's will be. You can download a free demo of the first episode here (or here if you're using a Mac). Try turning down the graphics quality if you have any trouble. If your computer can run The Devil's Playhouse, it'll probably be able to run Back to the Future.

2. You can order the DVD from the store no matter what, but you'll only receive it for free by pre-ordering the PC/Mac version from the Telltale Store. (And only the Telltale Store. You're not eligible for this if you order it off Steam.)

3. If The Devil's Playhouse is any indication, the PS3 versions of each episode will cost as much as their PC/Mac counterparts.

4. Yes, the DVDs come with lots of bonus material. :)

Hope I was helpful.

Absolutely! Ill check out that demo and see how she runs :)

Thanks for the help everyone.

• I want BTTF for Xbox360, I have emulated games on PC I want this one for Xbox360,.. I like playing with a Controller better than my Keyboard..

• @docbrown2015 said: I want BTTF for Xbox360, I have emulated games on PC I want this one for Xbox360,.. I like playing with a Controller better than my Keyboard..

You and me both.

I have a ps3, but i want to play this on my xbox....

• @docbrown2015 said: I want BTTF for Xbox360, I have emulated games on PC I want this one for Xbox360,.. I like playing with a Controller better than my Keyboard..

You know you can use gamepads on PC, right? Hell, you can use a wired xbox 360 controller, a PC 360 wireless controller, or PS3/Wii controllers via Bluetooth+some fiddling) on the PC. And this game will support wired 360 controllers out of the box(so to speak) on the PC if it's anything like The Devil's Playhouse.

I'd just like to point out that Telltale games generally use the mouse. It's possible you'll be able to play BttF without touching your keyboard once. (Although the WASD method of movement is much easier than holding the mouse down, in my opinion.)

• Another(pretty cheap) option for controllers on the PC if you happen to have(and enjoy using) DualShock controllers from the first or second Playstation: http://www.amazon.com/PS2-USB-Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter/dp/B000F6BGXY/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

• @roycejunktion said: the dvds they offer after the seasons

do they usually come with bonus materials and whatnot? :)

The whatnot section has been well covered with previous releases so I think it's safe to expect the tradition to go on (S&M discs have hilarious blooper reels).

• Since I could play Sam and Max season 3 with everything maxed out except the graphics level (I had it at 6) I wasn't worrying much about the graphics, but now that Poker Night is out and it's giving my laptop some trouble even at the lowest settings I'm getting kinda worried, will there be much difference between the graphics of Poker Night and BTTF? I just hope I didn't pre-order the game only to be unable to enjoy it...

Add Comment