User Avatar Image

Monkey Island, but with PONIES!

posted by Jen Kollic on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Well, since I've already made Kirby versions of Guybrush, Elaine and Morgan, I could only think of one thing that could top that kind of crossover. A crossover with REAL BRUSHABLE HAIR! You know, like just about every single girl's toyline of the 1980s. Speaking of girl's toylines from the 80s, I recently got a load of vintage My Little Ponies (which were all in terrible condition just in case there's any angry collectors out there!) off eBay for me to experiment on, because I wanted to try my hand at customising My Little Ponies. You know, for science and junk.

Without further ado, meet Guinea Pony #1:

00057hw6
A pirate, eh? Well, that can be arranged... with some acetone, a scalpel and a scalping. Because the Three Trials are for PEOPLE, not ponies.

0005awb0
Oh, it's much too late for that Pony!Guybrush. Much, much too late...

Scrubbing, scalping and otherwise preparing the ponies for customisation takes a while, so you can amuse yourself by using the disembodied heads to freak out your flatmates. That's what I did anyway.

0005cpt7
The teal pony head on the right may or may not be related to the Monkey Island/My Little Pony project. Or I might just put it in my flatmate's bed while he's asleep.

Next, sculpting!

0005d8690005ewxt

I'm using Milliput epoxy putty to sculpt the outfit, unfortunately this means I have to do it in stages. I'm hoping to finish it tonight, so there should be more pics later.

185 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow! I think the expression you have created is perfect! I'm curious though, how do you plan to do the beard? Lechuck's beard seems a little more complicated than the one Guybrush has. Do you plan to do it Telltale style and work in some spots of eerie green? Or just keep it simple and black?

Hmm... just had a thought... you could do it CoMI style and set it on fire! Wouldn't do much good to the rest of it though. :D

• Oh my - wow! Pony!LeChuck's expression is perfectly ferocious. I love it. :D It's a shame it (probably) won't be done in time for the contest, it would be an awesome entry. But I'm certain the final product will be epic.

• LeChuck had to look ferocious, originally I was going to give him the regular pony head like Guybrush and Elaine because I thought it would be funny, but then I decided that a scary-looking pony was even better.

@jeeno0142 said: I'm curious though, how do you plan to do the beard?

His beard is going to be fully-rooted hair instead of sculpted like Guybrush, Pony!LeChuck will probably have more hair than Pony!Guybrush and Pony!Elaine combined. The hair I'm using is a blend of black, dark green and glow-in-the-dark, but I might try to get some suitably toxic-looking green beads and work those into the beard hair. That would make it a pain in the ass to style though.

• Glow in the dark hair? That sounds quite cool! When you post the 'finished product' pictures, you'll have to do a night shot.

• I never thought, I'd really ever like ponies, but this is fascinating! Elaine and Guybrush look wonderful! :D I bet you'll do great with LeChuck! (Can't wait to see the glowing beard!)

• You´re making Pony LeChuck too! awesome!

• @Jen Kollic said: LeChuck had to look ferocious, originally I was going to give him the regular pony head like Guybrush and Elaine because I thought it would be funny, but then I decided that a scary-looking pony was even better.

His beard is going to be fully-rooted hair instead of sculpted like Guybrush, Pony!LeChuck will probably have more hair than Pony!Guybrush and Pony!Elaine combined. The hair I'm using is a blend of black, dark green and glow-in-the-dark, but I might try to get some suitably toxic-looking green beads and work those into the beard hair. That would make it a pain in the ass to style though.

It's looking great so far, have you had chance to do anymore work on it yet?

• @VeronicanPlay said: Just jaw dropping gorgeous! :eek:

Couldn't have said it better!! Those are SO frickin' beautiful - I want one for my birthday pleeaaase!

• Thanks for the comments guys! Unfortunately I'm going to have to put the ponies on hold for now, since it's getting close to both Christmas and the associated craft fairs. The time has come, as someone said, to make cutesy polymer clay stuff until my hands drop off. Actually that's a complete lie, nobody but me has ever said that. But if there are no updates to this thread until the new year, that's why!

• Good luck, and we'll wait :) Although, feel free to also update us with your cutesy stuff in the general art thread or something.

Add Comment