User Avatar Image

THE 'Why I won't be preordering BTTF' Thread

posted by Panda90 on - last edited - Viewed by 482 users

As much as I want to play a game based on one of my favourite franchises I won't be preordering BTFF because of the way I felt a bit burned by Sam & Max season 3. I've preoredred most of what Telltale has released since Sam & Max started but during the run of season 3 I wondered why I bothered. I realise that when I buy a brand new game it is likely to be on sale for less money somewhere like steam in not too short a time. The thing that really bothered me was that Sam & Max went on sale with a massive discount before the season was even half over. As much as I want to support Telltale and love what they do, when I buy something i don't expect it to be discounted before I even have everything I paid for.

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow.

Look at it this way, by paying a little more, you get to be one of the first to play it months before everyone else who are waiting on a price drop!

Well, I did that with Telltale's first game... ><
    I had to wait a couple of years.

So that's the question...
    Are you absolutely sure you are able to wait months.. maybe even years for a price drop on the upcoming Back to the Future game?

I would have saved the "It doesn't look that interesting. I'll wait on a price drop" if there would be some other games that doesn't look that interesting or that I'm too eager to play. It's a known fact that Telltale releases the game to those who preordered it hours before the launch too. And you get Puzzle Agent for gifting or for yourself. I think it's a perfect xmas gift for my sister.

• And remember that you miss the whole "Episodic Experience" - and that's A LOT.
    Trust me, playing the game as the creators wanted is much better.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@jannar85 said: Are you absolutely sure you are able to wait months.. maybe even years for a price drop on the upcoming Back to the Future game?

YEARS? You haven't been around much here, have you? ;)

• OP: good for you, but you don't really need to start your own thread on it as there are many others on the topic.

Others: don't be heckling the individual for not wanting to preorder and calling him a scrooge and such. sure it's silly they're making a thread about it, but don't be a dick about it back.

• The same happens with pretty much every game. Look at something that's really popular at the moment, like, say New Vegas. Why are so many people bothering to buy that when by Christmas it will be a fraction of the price.. or if they wait a little longer than that, you'll be able to buy a "GoTY" version for even cheaper with all of the downloadable content included, instead of having to pay for it separately.

Sam & Max Season 3 did drop in price rather annoyingly quickly, but it still isn't any different from most other games. Personally, I'm very happy to support the developers and be a part of the community as the episodes are being released.

• This thread is fine, but if you see anybody making a new one like this, send them here please. Thanks.

• I pre-ordered it because I guess most TellTale employees have kids to feed so I wouldn't dare sending them into poverty ;)

• @Bloody Eugene said: And remember that you miss the whole "Episodic Experience" - and that's A LOT.
    Trust me, playing the game as the creators wanted is much better.

What is this "episodice experience"?
    Does it refer to the fact that you have to wait a period?

• @Origami said: What is this "episodice experience"?
    Does it refer to the fact that you have to wait a period?

Yes, but the "experience" he's talking about means that you will find a lot of speculation on the forums in between episodes.

• ^
    I see. Yeah, that is a fun aspect. =)

Add Comment