User Avatar Image

Bone vs. Sam and Max

posted by Zachspyfox033 on - last edited - Viewed by 424 users

I vote for Sam and Max because it has more episodes, and because it is more involved and more silly. Tell me what you think and why. (This is also in the Bone forum since this is about Bone and Sam and Max.)

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think it's new. Looks like standard ol' Boneville.

• They're the new versions with all the Director's Cut changes and SecuRom activation, just like if you ordered the CDs off the site.

• Sam & Max by *far*! Though they're very different games storywise, I think Sam & Max are of much higher quality than the Bone episodes.

• @Armakuni said: Sam & Max by *far*! Though they're very different games storywise, I think Sam & Max are of much higher quality than the Bone episodes.

A agree 100% Sam and Max is so much better then Bone in every way possible.

• @tabacco said: They're the new versions with all the Director's Cut changes and SecuRom activation, just like if you ordered the CDs off the site.

Oo, really? What changes are those?

• [quote=Kedri;39206]Oo, really? What changes are those?[/quote]

"the new versions have some enhancements that those versions don't have, like the new Thorn model/voice and opening cutscene in Out from Boneville, and some new lines that were added in both games to help flesh out the overall story."
    - Emily

I believe there is also a blog somewhere on the site with further details and reasons for the changes by Jeff Smith.

• I made the mistake of purchasing bone: out from boneville, without realizing that it was intended for children under age of 10. Given that the game wasn't intended for my age group, I don't really have a right to complain that the dialogue is cheezy, the plot is perfunctory, and despite the vibrant graphics, the actual gameplay is quite static, with only a few clickable items in each scene.

Still, for what it is -- a children's game -- it's pretty cool. I'm sure I would have loved it when I was 6. Kids love that cheezy stuff.

• [quote=HeidiLynn84;39274]I made the mistake of purchasing bone: out from boneville, without realizing that it was intended for children under age of 10. Given that the game wasn't intended for my age group, I don't really have a right to complain that the dialogue is cheezy, the plot is perfunctory, and despite the vibrant graphics, the actual gameplay is quite static, with only a few clickable items in each scene.

Still, for what it is -- a children's game -- it's pretty cool. I'm sure I would have loved it when I was 6. Kids love that cheezy stuff.[/quote]

I didn't think it was childish at all. Have you tried The Great Cow Race?

• @HeidiLynn84 said: I made the mistake of purchasing bone: out from boneville, without realizing that it was intended for children under age of 10. Given that the game wasn't intended for my age group, I don't really have a right to complain that the dialogue is cheezy, the plot is perfunctory, and despite the vibrant graphics, the actual gameplay is quite static, with only a few clickable items in each scene.

Still, for what it is -- a children's game -- it's pretty cool. I'm sure I would have loved it when I was 6. Kids love that cheezy stuff.

C'mon, I admit it was very simple, but saying it was for children under 10 years seems a little bit too much to me.
    Jeff Smith's comics are for everyone and the game just makes them interactive! Oh, well, you should try Bone 2, you'd probably change your mind.

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

Even if it was directed more towards a younger audience, my inner child had a lot of fun with it. It's nice to escape to neat little world like that and meet those characters. That said, as the Bone comics go along, I understand the story gets a lot more serious (I haven't read them yet).

Add Comment