User Avatar Image

TF2 Items from BTTF - ideas

posted by The Gentleman on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

You guys should totally do some TF2 items for preordering.

Doc's Rifle for Sniper:
doc%20and%20the%20gun.JPG

Doc's Futuristic Eyewear for all classes:
marty_doc.jpg&t=1

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is there any chance this game could provide TF2 unlocks like Sam and Max or Poker Night?

Examples:

Skateboard/Hoverboard replacement for scout's melee bat. Jus ta simple reskin, whacking people with boards is fun.

Guitar for Pyro based on "Enchantment under the Sea".

The famous hat from BTTF 2: 17965820.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

• As opposed to Sam and Max, H*R, and Penny Arcade, all of which are creator-owned, Back to the Future is property of Universal, which is considerably bigger. They'd need Universal's permission, and something tells me they wouldn't jump on the idea.

But really, why do we need TF2 items for everything? Telltale's awesome enough to stand on their own merit. I'm not happy as it is that people are caring more about the TF2 items that come with Poker Night than the game itself.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: I'm not happy as it is that people are caring more about the TF2 items that come with Poker Night than the game itself.

Well, that is true, buuut it's also true that one of the things that make TF2 a game that's still played by many people is those snack-sized little updates. They keep the game fresh, somewhat. Let them have their fun.

I'll buy the game FOR the game itself, on the other hand. I still do not own TF2.

• There is already a 'TF2 Items?' thread bearing the same name guys.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20045

• If you already purchased a copy from the Telltale games store, would you still be able to register it through Steam to get the TF2 items?

I forgot that this was the same company that did Sam & Max, so in my excitement I pre-ordered it off of the Telltale games website. If I had known there was a chance for the TF2 items, I would have waited to see if it became available for pre-order on Steam. =(

• On one hand yes because I can change up tf2 with new weps.
    On the other hand more idiots will whine to me to give them the weps.
    Hmmm.

• @Talizorah said: If you already purchased a copy from the Telltale games store, would you still be able to register it through Steam to get the TF2 items?

I forgot that this was the same company that did Sam & Max, so in my excitement I pre-ordered it off of the Telltale games website. If I had known there was a chance for the TF2 items, I would have waited to see if it became available for pre-order on Steam. =(

People who Pre-Ordered Sam and Max(and now Poker Night at the Inventory) here on Telltale's site were able to get the Team Fortress 2 items just like everybody else(through this site and this site).

• I'd like to see Griff's baseball bat from Part II.

• TF2 / BTTF Pre-Order bonus Idea! (Doc Brown :: Engineer)
    Doc-Engineer.jpg

I'm not looking for any Valve-items backblash, but following the Poker Night / TF2 crossover promotion, I had the thought that the Engineer is a perfect foil for Doc Brown! So why not come up with a BTTF idea?!

The Engineer already has the 'Doc Brown goggles' as his standard appearance, but I realized another iconic gadget of Brown's was his remote control for the DeLorean... make that a skin for The Wrangler! At the same time, make the skin also change the Dispenser to have a Flux Capacitor behind its gauge! This makes it a 2-in-1 skin, similar to the Worms Reloaded hat + Holy Hand Grenades, and would require no stats since they are merely skins.

---------------------------------------------

Summary idea, Pre-Order bonus for TF2:

Doc Brown's Remote :: Wrangler skin

backfuture.jpg

Also causes The Dispenser to have a Flux Capacitor! (but team-colored)
    DispenserCapacitor.jpg

Audio lines:

"Great Scott!"
    "Don't Flux with me!"
    (more pending suggestions)

Also.....

Emmet-Frontier.jpg

• Somebody already mentioned giving Doc's gun to the Sniper (which I think works better), but I do like the Remote Control idea.

Add Comment