Menu
User Avatar Image

Consolidated "Adventure Games We'd Like to See" thread

posted by Marduk on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Threads suggesting adventure games we'd like to see TellTale work on are no new thing to the TTG forums but I thought it might be a good idea if we had the one list of titles rather that dozens of threads that have scrolled away. Every few days or so I'll even update the thread with suggestions from those who've replied.

So far they're mostly old Adventure games nostalgic fans would like to see innovated but there are also TV shows, books and movies in there, too.

I might make a poll on this, depending on responses.

I'll begin by CP'ing lists from other such threads' (FYI, I've omitted 'ideas' that TTG should continue various series' they've already began);

[LIST]
[*]Rex the Runt Adventures
[*]Day of the Tentacle
[*]Myst
[*]Indiana Jones
[*]Simon the Sorcerer
[*]The Simpsons
[*]Doctor Who
[*]Gabriel Knight series (I don't know if this is an existing game franchise or a TV series or what).
[*]Pushing Daisies (ig0rpwnwEd; I LOVE YOU!)
[*]Maniac mansion
[*]Grim Fandango
[*]Space Quest
[*]Futurama
[*]Red Dwarf
[*]The Dig
[*]Full Throttle
[*]MacGyver
[*]Family Guy
[*]Doctor Who
[*]King's Quest
[*]Police Quest
[*]Quest For Glory
[*]Loom
[*]Calvin and Hobbes
[*]Star Trek
[*]The Mighty Boosh
[*]Get Smart
[*]'An H.P. Lovecraft based game'
[*]Garfield
[*]Barney Google (Somebody might want to enlighten me, here)
[*]The Boondocks (and here)
[*]Discworld (Yes, yes; oh please god yes!)
[*]Monk
[*]Psych
[*]Laura Bow (and also here)
[*]Simon the Sorceror
[*]A Nuklear Power RPG (?)
[*]Sanford and Son (I've heard of this but never actually seen it)
[*]Leisure Suit Larry
[*]The Neverhood
[*]The Feeble Files
[*]Beneath a steel sky (maybe TTG should just buy Revolution. I can't imagine it'll cost much considering all the cuts they've had to make and it'll be a sure fire way to get a leg in the UK)
[*]Blade Runner
[*]Gateway
[*]Death Gate
[*]Shannara
[*]Blazing Dragons
[*]Digimon (this guy, apparently, was serious)
[*]So Blonde
[*]Kyrandia
[*]Normality
[*]Nightlong
[*]Sanitarium
[*]Stupid Invaders
[*]Ceville
[*]Flight of the Amazon Queen
[*]Still Life
[*]Chewy
[*]The Accolade adventures (I may have got confused, here, the way that MusicallyInspired's post was phrased made me thing it was but I could have been wrong).
[*]Zak McKracken
[*]Gang Garrison (no idea if this is real)
[*]Neil Gaiman's "The Sandman"
[*]Lucifer (Sandman Spinoff)
[*]Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[*]Dilbert
[/LIST]

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pale Man said: What about a game featuring Mr. T, Chuck Norris, Adam West, and William Shatner?

Whatever would they call it though? Perhaps "Attack of the Stupid Internet Memes"?

• Nah, "The Stupid game that no one plays!"
    Featuring: Captain James T Kirk! (William Shatner) The A Team (Mr T) A random kung fu guy (Chuck Norris) And Family Guy Mayor of Quahog (Adam West)
    Description: We don'y why we made it, no one ever buys it!

• * Day of the Tentacle (Please bring back)

* Simon the Sorcerer ( is the best Adventure Series right after Monkey Island, but Sylver Style ruined it, should work better with TellTale)

* Grim Fandango (would be very nice)

* Futurama (is maybe the best idea, would definately buy it)

* Leisure Suit Larry ( oh yeah, something for adults ^^)

* The Feeble Files (yeah, loved it)

* Zak McKracken ( yeah, my favourite lucas arts games, Zak Mc Cracken, Monkey Island, Sam and Max, and Dott)

I would also like

* The X Files (best TV-Show ever, and the last X Files Game for PS2 was some kind of action adventure and worked really nice, point & Click should work, too)

* The Lone Gunmen

4209_the_lone_gunmen.jpg

( An X Files Spin Off, Okay, show was cancelled early, had only 13 episodes, so there is no chance, but i love the idea, the amazing humour of the show, and the freakish characters in this kind of comedy/Crime/mystery/sf setting would fit perfect with telltale. ^^)

• @Marduk said:

[LIST]
    [*]Pushing Daisies (ig0rpwnwEd; I LOVE YOU!)[*]Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    [*]The Simpsons
    [*]Monk
    [*]Psych
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Yes
    [*]Yes!
    [*]Yes!!
    [*]YES!!!
    [*]YES!!!!
    [/LIST]

• I would love a Sliders game. Think about how awesome that could potentially be.

• User Avatar Image
    NTQ

TREMORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised no one has mentioned this, especially given the fact that TTG is coming out with two Universal titles in BTTF and JP. I'm a HUGE Tremors fan and have wanted a game for a LONG time. Not sure If it would work as an adventure game, maybe more in the style of Red Dead Redemption.

• Tremors was gonna have a game at one time but it was canceled. It's never had the draw to have a video game, much less keep a TV series alive. I love the movies but I can't see it.

• User Avatar Image
    NTQ

@Spooky666 said:

* Zak McKracken

I LOVED this game...never beat it though, lol. Back when I was a kid, we got this lucas arts 5 game pack that had MI, Loom, Zak, Indy, and maniac. I got beat MI and Loom and got stuck on the other 3 and never beat them. MI2 then came out and I beat that and never went back to the other games :(

• Beavis and Butt-head, and The Venture Bros. DO IT.

• I always thought Time Bandits would be able to make the jump to videogames in a Sierra style game.

Add Comment