User Avatar Image

Achievements ?

posted by Lower111 on - last edited - Viewed by 235 users

Why there are not achievements ? example: When you beat the Heavy you get Iron Curtain achievement (only just example name of achievement).There are not any special challenges or something ?

It would be nice. :)

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How exactly will TF2 items and achievements be unlocked, when you buy this game directly from Telltale?

• @Mirko said: How exactly will TF2 items and achievements be unlocked, when you buy this game directly from Telltale?

The Game uses Steamworks, both versions. If you have Steam running, Steam will detect the Achievements unlocks thanks to that.

• @GinnyN said: The Game uses Steamworks, both versions. If you have Steam running, Steam will detect the Achievements unlocks thanks to that.

I am really interested in how this will work. I think this is the first game that will have that feature for the non-steam-version.

• User Avatar Image
    Jub

@der_ketzer said: I am really interested in how this will work. I think this is the first game that will have that feature for the non-steam-version.

Actually I'm pretty sure any game available on Steam but bought elsewhere is compatible with Steam achievements so long as you've added said game to your steam library. (Not positive)

Though this might be the first game to have rewards in ANOTHER game via achievements.

• @Jub said: Actually I'm pretty sure any game available on Steam but bought elsewhere is compatible with Steam achievements so long as you've added said game to your steam library. (Not positive)

Though this might be the first game to have rewards in ANOTHER game via achievements.

Nope, Alien Swarm gave you a TF2 hat through a achievement.

• K we know there are achivements based on the weapons, but it has been confirmed there are more(considering whenever I ask about playing offline what happens, and Jake said the weapons achievements will stay the others may not) I see no reason why they are hiding these achievements since they are only achievements so, what are the other achievements?

• User Avatar Image
    Jub

@Moob22 said: Nope, Alien Swarm gave you a TF2 hat through a achievement.

I meant a non-Steam game. Nevermind I understand myself.

• @GinnyN said: The Game uses Steamworks, both versions. If you have Steam running, Steam will detect the Achievements unlocks thanks to that.

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I'm still not sure where to buy ;-) . Generally I would buy every TTG-game here, but in this case I'm not so sure, because I have never before heard of a game using steamworks features that supported those features without being bound to a steam account.

• @Mirko said: Has this been confirmed anywhere? I'm still not sure where to buy ;-) . Generally I would buy every TTG-game here, but in this case I'm not so sure, because I have never before heard of a game using steamworks features that supported those features without being bound to a steam account.

If you buy it from Telltale, you can link it to Steam via, the "Add Game" feature. As to whether there will be achievements inside the game itself, I don't know.

• @Moob22 said: If you buy it from Telltale, you can link it to Steam via, the "Add Game" feature. As to whether there will be achievements inside the game itself, I don't know.

Ah ok, thanks.

I also finally had some time to search and found this:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397674&postcount=55

And so, i will buy it here.

Add Comment